News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Administrator Rank

Started by Anoni1337, March 30, 2020, 03:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoni1337

I'm using SMF 2.0.17 and I have a quick question,so I wanna make Co-Administrator rank but with ALL (same) permissions and everything as Administrator,how do I do that ?

Kindred

create a new group,
assign permissions to that group.

However, there may be a few things which are actually hardcoded to check for group = 1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Anoni1337

I mean that doesn't help me at all.. :'( Since I can't give some other membergroup administrator permissions and which parts does have to me hard coded..I need this ASAP

Shambles

Quote from: Anoni1337
... I wanna make Co-Administrator rank but with ALL (same) permissions and everything as Administrator ...

If that rank is to look like an admin and behave like one, just promote the member(s) to admin. Problem sorted.

Kindred

Quote from: Anoni1337 on March 30, 2020, 03:04:41 PM
Since I can't give some other membergroup administrator permissions

That statement made no sense at all
(nor does this seem like an "ASAP" sort of thing)

?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ?? ?? ??

why can't you create a membergroup with admin permissions??   that's pretty much the exact point of having the permissions.

If you just want the rank badge to appear different then just assign the co-administrator as the primary group and make the full admin group one of their secondary groups
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: