News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

From phpbb3.3 to Smf2?

Started by Sternenfee, March 31, 2020, 05:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sternenfee

Hi there,

is there already a converter from phpbb3.3 or has someone tried to convert a phpBB3.3 into an SMF2 with the converter from 3.2?

Antes

Sternenfee

I was hoping someone had already tried this and can tell me about their experience: D

Ricky.

Quote from: Maggan22 on April 04, 2020, 04:36:00 AM
I was hoping someone had already tried this and can tell me about their experience: D
You can set up a copy of your main forum and then why not try it yourself.

Sternenfee

I will - I will report, if someone has the same question :)

Sternenfee

The private messages caused problems, I have now excluded them. so far everything went through, the statistics were not counted. Password was not accepted. I no longer have admin access even though I am in the admin group.

Antes

Quote from: Maggan22 on April 04, 2020, 08:46:32 AM
The private messages caused problems, I have now excluded them. so far everything went through, the statistics were not counted. Password was not accepted. I no longer have admin access even though I am in the admin group.

Password conversation is not a huge issue, you simply ask your users to reset their password once... But it might look like you are not having proper conversation on user groups & private messages which are no-go issues.

vbgamer45

Please detail the errors with conversion process. I can work on a convertor just for phpBB 3.3
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Antechinus

Quote from: Maggan22 on April 04, 2020, 08:46:32 AM

Did you end up getting this working?

Advertisement: