News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Live reply mod

Started by kifac, March 31, 2020, 11:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kifac

Hello!

So ive been searching the internet for countless hours trying to find this for SMF.
I seemed to have found it for MYBB and PHPBB but nothing close can be found here.

Im looking for a mod that makes a topic live. As in as soon as someone replies to a topic, its automatically posted without refreshing the page.

My understanding is it should be using AJAX to have such a feature.
There is a auto refresh mod, but all that does is constantly refresh the page and can see the page refreshing over and over again.

Any help would be great! Thanks

vbgamer45

A mod like that does not exist at the moment.  There are issues with doing it though to scale since  many people can just leave their page open and it could slow down your site.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 31, 2020, 11:52:29 AM
There are issues with doing it though to scale since  many people can just leave their page open and it could IT WILL slow down your site.

fixed that for you...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: