Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Package Upload Failed

Started by jbridges87, April 03, 2020, 04:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbridges87

SMF v2.0.17
PHP v7.3.6

Hey guys, I found an avatar package on another forum, and was hoping to install it using the package manager, which is how I installed all of the other avatar packs from SMF.
However, this particular package gave me an error. See attached.

The folder is a .zip file, like the other avatar packs, and the avatars are all .gif as well, but the zip folder doesn't contain an xml file like all the others from SMF.

I tried the suggestion in the error message, but the forum still didn't recognize the avatar pack.

Would the missing xml file be the cause of my issue?
Come by and check out my sports forum, here.
Running SMF v2.0.17

Bobby

The missing XML file may cause the problem. You should extract avatar folder and upload it manually to your forum by FTP/file manager

jbridges87

I tried that, but it doesn't show up under Admin/Package Manager/Browse Packages
Running SMF v2.0.17

Sir Osis of Liver

Make an xml file for the package, copy it from another package and edit it to match the package you're trying to install.  If there's no xml package manager will not recognize the package.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

jbridges87

I copied a .xml file from another avatar pack, edited it to reflect the current pack, then copied it over to the folder with the avatars I wanted to install. I then zipped the package and tried installing using the SMF package manager.

It seemed to work. I even got the success message, and the avatars did extract to the avatar directory on the server, but they didn't show up in the forum.
Running SMF v2.0.17

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: jbridges87 on April 03, 2020, 11:45:58 PM
It seemed to work.

Did it install successfully or not?  Do you see it in Admin ->  Smileys and Message Icons?

- R. Waters

jbridges87

None of my avatars show up there.

They all show up under Admin/Main/Browse Package "Avatar Packages"

Yes, the install was successful and the avatars showed up under my avatar packages, but they didn't show up under my profile/avatar list
Running SMF v2.0.17

Sir Osis of Liver

You should see Akyhne's Set, Aaron's Set, Alienine's Set, those are included in basic package.  If your additional smiley package installs successfully, it should be added to the list.

- R. Waters

jbridges87

I'm not installing a smiley pack. I'm installing an avatar pack.

Yes, it said it installed ok, and it showed up under the avatar packages with my other avatar packs, but the pack isn't available to select under my profile.
Running SMF v2.0.17

Kindred

did you turn on access to it for use?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jbridges87

Quote from: Kindred on April 04, 2020, 11:46:07 AM
did you turn on access to it for use?

I'm not sure what that means.
I didn't have to take any extra steps with the other avatar packs that I've installed. They all show up under the Forum Profile without issue.

Here is a screenshot of the avatar packages, all of which came from SMF, and all of which work okay, except for the last one, which I found outside of SMF and doesn't work.
Running SMF v2.0.17

Sir Osis of Liver

If the avatar package installs correctly, package manager should display "The avatars have been extracted, you can now use them. "  Go to Profile-> Forum Profile -> Choose avatar from gallery.  You should see a menu that includes new avatar package, click on it and you get a list of viewable avatars.  If you're not seeing that, attach the zip you're trying to install.

- R. Waters

jbridges87

Yes, the package doesn't show up in there, even though it shows as being installed.

Package is attached
Running SMF v2.0.17

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, it's broken and I'm too lazy to fix it.  Use the attached zip, unzip it, manually copy it to the avatar directory.  It won't be listed in packages, but you should see the avatars in profile.

- R. Waters

jbridges87

Tried that. It didn't work.

I don't understand what's so different about this avatar pack...I confirmed the permissions were ok as well.
Running SMF v2.0.17

Tonyvic

Quote from: jbridges87 on April 04, 2020, 08:08:40 PM
Tried that. It didn't work.

I don't understand what's so different about this avatar pack...I confirmed the permissions were ok as well.
You say you "Tried that" but the file @Sir Osis added hasn't been downloaded so far at this time! ???

jbridges87

You're absolutely correct. My apologies. I didn't read that post right at all!

I just tried the pack, and it works now. Thanks for pointing that out, Tony, and thank you Osis for the fix!
Running SMF v2.0.17

Advertisement: