News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Webpages are getting redirected to homepage

Started by beartest, April 18, 2020, 01:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beartest

Hi, I posted my website link on quora.
the url that quora genetated was something like this

https://fig*******oms/5062?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

This redirects to my homepage

However, the url that points to the webpage is https://fig*******oms/5062

any ideas how to fix this and why is this happening?

vbgamer45

It's code that quora is adding. It allows you to track that the traffic was referred by them in google analytics.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

beartest

yes, that i understood.

However, even if i go to the url

https://fig*******oms/5062?

i get redirected to the homepage

I dont want this to happen.

any ideas how to achieve this?

shawnb61

What is the /5062 supposed to be?  A topic, message, subforum???
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

beartest

I am using a mod that makes pretty urls

Honestly, I don't know what you are asking me to do.

Can you please elaborate?

Kindred

Actually,  the system is doing what it is supposed to be doing,  per the standard instructions...

If someone uses arguments in a url which the system does not understand how to process,  display the homepage.

If you are using prettyurls, you would need to ask the author of that mod.  We don't support mod customizations here.   
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

drewactual

I use PrettyURLs and this doesn't happen to me at all.  It's actually one of the reasons I use and stand by using that mod in the first place... it provides transparency to a person clicking a link...

This, I wager, is a Quora issue. Or an issue with then being provided with a malformed link.

beartest

Quote from: drewactual on April 19, 2020, 12:46:49 PM
I use PrettyURLs and this doesn't happen to me at all.  It's actually one of the reasons I use and stand by using that mod in the first place... it provides transparency to a person clicking a link...

This, I wager, is a Quora issue. Or an issue with then being provided with a malformed link.

I use seo pro mod by smfpacks. When ever I ask something from the person who authored the mod, he tells me to ask someone else since it is not his problem it seems.

I disabled the pretty urls and its working fine now.

As long as the content gets shared without any hassles, I am happy.

beartest

I asked again the author of the mod but the reply I got was that I should fix it myself. His liability is to just provide the mod. After asking him multiple times, he moved what I asked to a bug, telling me that I should wait for next release since it is a bug and the next release has no deadline.

If someone can figure out what needs to be done, kindly assist me.

I can provide.htaccess if it helps.

Kindly let me know.

beartest

I have stopped using the mod's functionality to generate pretty urls.

The problem is solved for now.

However, if anyone would like to look into it, kindly let me know.

Advertisement: