News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

WSOD after restore of SMF directory and database

Started by jpgreen3, April 10, 2020, 02:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpgreen3

New interest in my little-used community forum (v2.1 RC 2) revealed an error preventing new registrations.
I decided to revert to a 2.0.13 backup.  I restored the forum root directory (SMF) and a MySQL database backup taken at the same time. 
SMF is running in a sub-directory under WordPress. 

This is the error being returned:
--------
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/nereus6/public_html/stormmountain.org/smf/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php:58 Stack trace: #0 /home/nereus6/public_html/stormmountain.org/smf/Sources/Load.php(2550): smf_db_initiate('localhost', 'nereus6_smf426', 'nereus6_smf426', 'xxxxxx', 'smfho_', Array) #1 /home/nereus6/public_html/stormmountain.org/smf/index.php(72): loadDatabase() #2 {main} thrown in /home/nereus6/public_html/stormmountain.org/smf/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 58
----------

Connecting to the MySQL database should be pretty basic, but I'm clueless - any ideas?

PHP Version 7.1.33 - the link to my phpinfo was disallowed.

shawnb61

2.0.13 won't run on php 7.x.

You need to set your php version to something like 5.6.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

jpgreen3

Advertisement: