News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

im looking this design

Started by krvaM, April 15, 2020, 01:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krvaM

hello, exists this design?
hxxp:i.imgur.com/mQhSgMM.png [nonactive]

Looking

Have a look through here: Themes or get someone to custom build it for you.

Deaks

not a smf forum so wont exist for smf
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Antes

I mean this is doable, its easy to manipulate home page with SSI and use ssi_recenttopics to create such output.

Edit: this is what I did after 15-20 mins of work... which is like 90% look-alike of what OP wants.

Mick.

Antes

SMF by default has enough flexibility to support anything you want to do... and most of those things won't even take like weeks worth time.

@Mick. cool design, I never tried to go that way in my themes ... still somewhat keeping my boards as they are :P

Mick.

Quote from: Antes on April 25, 2020, 11:22:33 AM
SMF by default has enough flexibility to support anything you want to do... and most of those things won't even take like weeks worth time.

@Mick. cool design, I never tried to go that way in my themes ... still somewhat keeping my boards as they are :P
I don't either. I modified my board.index to suit my needs. Themes I make, I don't include board.index.php. It creates headaches to noobies lol

Bloc

Quote from: Mick. on April 25, 2020, 09:51:57 AM
Very cool Antes. I have something similar... https://www.idesignsmf.com/index.php?action=forum   Got inspired by https://forum.squarespace.com/ ;)
Thats actually quite nice :) Gives a definite non-forum vibe to the boardindex.

Dzonny

I find that as a really cool design-wise for forums with smaller number of boards, but a mess for bigger number of boards though. Anyway, quite nice IMO :)

Bloc

Probably would need category tabs I would reckon, a long line of these will not be easy to manouver, true.

Mick.

Ty Bloc. Yup, sure looks nice when you have 12 boards or less. Having 50, well, that would be a mess of blocks lol. I removed a few things; category bar, upshrinks, last post, time and added stuff to the css file. Tho, in my site I dont have a direct link to the forum. It is a forum but sure does not look it. Always wanted a blog look; besides, im the only one that creates topics.

Bloc

Quote from: Mick. on April 26, 2020, 09:14:46 AM
Ty Bloc. Yup, sure looks nice when you have 12 boards or less. Having 50, well, that would be a mess of blocks lol. I removed a few things; category bar, upshrinks, last post, time and added stuff to the css file. Tho, in my site I dont have a direct link to the forum. It is a forum but sure does not look it. Always wanted a blog look; besides, im the only one that creates topics.
Looking inside the forum topics..it sure looks like a blog there too, very nice. :)

Shambles

Interesting that the OP hasn't been back to track replies...

Mick.

Quote from: Bloc on April 27, 2020, 06:13:51 PM
Quote from: Mick. on April 26, 2020, 09:14:46 AM
Looking inside the forum topics..it sure looks like a blog there too, very nice. :)
All chopped up lol. Who says SMF can't look and act like a blog? Hahahahaha!

webtiryaki

Bloc

Quote from: webtiryaki on April 28, 2020, 06:51:50 AM
I did it once

Demo

The boardindex is nice. :) You didn't do it to topics and messages? I feel thats what makes it really feel like blog - making those too sharing the look of the boardindex.But if you do that then you have to do unread/replies too and maybe personal messages..and so on. :D Its a bit overwhelming how many templates you actually have to do to get a consistant look.

Advertisement: