Users Online question

Started by nidec, April 15, 2020, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nidec

Hi.

My site, www.notthenoobs.com runs on v2.0.15 and uses Cleantek by Crip.

The site shows me how many users are currently online, how many have been online today, and most online ever. I have a query about this.
The 'how many have been online today' and 'most online ever' are in my opinion wrong. The totals shown in each are the number on AT THE SAME TIME, not the total number on on each occasion.
For example, the number online today at 02:12:47 was 104. Since ,the visitor numbers have gone down and up again as people leave and new visitors arrive, but none of the new visitors are added to todays total.

Is there anything I can do to get the actual true total numbers shown?

drewactual

a user signs off at 10pm, and then back in at 7am the following day... they aren't counted twice- they're counted once.... now, if they sign off at 10pm and then not again until 11pm the following day- ie more than a 24hour period off the site- the number will be added to the counts.

the counts are right, in other words, but the way they're being counted may not be something you're aware of.

Kindred

and most online ever is indeed "most online at the same time, ever"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nidec

Advertisement: