News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Some pages blank - php version?

Started by Lord991, April 23, 2020, 01:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

So I guess you're using the file caching? (It's been so long since I looked at 2.0 that I'd forgotten there wasn't the 2.1 style dropdown for cache selection)

Try emptying the file cache. The menu *shouldn't* be cached but it is possible. Especially if you have any other mods listed (which wasn't confirmed despite being asked).

Lord991

I've tried emptying the file cache but its the same. I've tried deleting my browser cache, session storage, cookies, even other browsers but it doesn't help.
Mod list: https://i.imgur.com/I1dFcQh.png

It has to be something with host, the forum is exactly the same as on old host.

Lord991

Marked solved.

I've reinstalled SMF updates to 2.0.14 and then installed new versions one by one.

Thanks everyone for helping me.

EDIT:
Again
An Error Has Occurred!
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

HRM

Quote from: Arantor on April 23, 2020, 03:30:19 PM
I wouldn't stay on PHP 5.6 seeing how it stopped getting security patches in 2018.

The ManageSettings.php issue I've seen before, the line has $nul, $nul, $nul in it, you can safely change this to $nul, $nul2, $nul3. Try changing that before going further.

There are no relevant extensions in 5.6 that wouldn't be available in 7.x (except mysql, which is replaced out for mysqli in 2.0.14+)

Thanks a lot Arantor!!!

This solution did it for me. This bug was bothering me for about a year but had no time before to check my own forum. Now did a little search checked server logs and got it.
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

Advertisement: