Link to the mod

SMF2WPBridge
For SMF 2.0.x

Description

Login bridge for use WP with SMF

Features

• If a user log in SMF, then that user will be logged in WP
  • If a user logout in SMF, then that user will be logout in WP
  • If a user created/register/change password in SMF, those actions happen on WP!
  • Users that are created in WP can be used once disabled SMF plugin
  • For integrate old users send password in login page!
  • For upgrade SMF2WPBridge version unistall first
  • For a full way integration use with WP2SMFBridge plugin:
        https://github.com/xchwarze/WP2SMFBridge

Limitations

• SMF login with OpenID does not work

Installation

Simply install it via package manager.

Administration

After install you can access it through Admin Panel
  • For SMF 2.0 Go to:
    Admin -> Configuration -> Modification Settings -> SMF2WPBridge

License

GNU/GPL: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Mick.

vbgamer45

DSR !original made but never got approved on mod site. I have  updated and posted with permission from him and pushed the changes back to github.
There are two parts SMF  to worpdress and then another addon for Worpdress to SMF.

We needed to have a goto worpress integration here.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Mick.

About 10-12 years ago someone made a bridge. I dont remember who or if it was even on here on the modsite.  It worked logging in on both places but it was flawed. Very cool of you doing this. I've seen the recent posts about dual logins lately.

vbgamer45

Have more time working at home than the office. So doing some fun projects here and there. Recoded some parts of an RPG game I used to help run/contribute to, so staying busy

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

-Rock Lee-

Good job is something lately they ask a lot I have seen although wp I do not like much for the format uses... I guess I'm becoming a hermit over the years ::).

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Dzonny

jsx

@vbgamer45

Thank you for this login bridge. Please add a Polish translation to this modification. :)

vbgamer45

Done added the translation.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Douglas

vbgamer, dude... thank you!

I had actually been considering resurrecting the old SMF <-> WP bridge, especially since I now do WordPress as a (current) career... this takes that task off my plate!

Really appreciate this, my guy!
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

vbgamer45

Glad to help.  Be sure to grab both parts SMF TO WP and WP TO SMF. I used to remember a lot of bridges for SMF trying to bring some back as I find them.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Douglas

Actually, we want it to be just one direction (SMF -> WP) for Fractured. ;)

I just have to wait for 2.1 to reach RC3 status, first.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

rcane

Hello,

Would this mod work if I want to prevent anyone who isn't in my SMF from seeing my WP content?

vbgamer45

Could be if you setup the permissions on the wordpress side based on membergroup

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rcane

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 16, 2021, 06:01:51 PMCould be if you setup the permissions on the wordpress side based on membergroup

Looking into that.  Thanks.  Also, i cant get the path to recognize.

I have it installed in www.mydomain.com/public_html/mySMFdomain.com/content/wp-config.php but it's not taking any permutation of the url

I already had SMF at the root of the "smfDomain" so I put wp in a folder called content.

vbgamer45

It should be a local file path not a web url for the path

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

rcane

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 16, 2021, 10:41:50 PMIt should be a local file path not a web url for the path

yeah, tried that too.

Kindred

/home/www/public_html/mySMFdomain/content/wp-config.php

more likely, it should be something like that....

try this
create a file mydir.php
put this in it
Code (mydir.php) Select
<?php
echo dirname(__FILE__);
?>

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rcane

Quote from: Kindred on December 17, 2021, 08:46:47 AM/home/www/public_html/mySMFdomain/content/wp-config.php

more likely, it should be something like that....

try this
create a file mydir.php
put this in it
Code (mydir.php) Select
<?php
echo dirname(__FILE__);
?>

Haaa.  elegant.  I had been using the changepermissions right-click in cPanel because it gave a path to the file you were about to modify.

Much thanks.

rcane

Quote from: vbgamer45 on December 16, 2021, 06:01:51 PMCould be if you setup the permissions on the wordpress side based on membergroup

Do you have any guidance on setting up permissions?  This is the first time I've tried anything like this.

Advertisement: