SMF 2.0 RC2 Upgrading waiting at log_search_subjects - Step 6: Converting to UTF

Started by Sudhakar Arjunan, April 29, 2020, 09:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

then you have something very very wrong in your system....

if a field can not have a default value, then mySQL is not going to generate an error telling you that it needs a default value..... 
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

No, TEXT fields cannot have a default value - that's been the case for some years.

The syntax is slightly different, I believe it is ALTER TABLE tablename SET column NULL to make the column nullable.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Kindred on March 13, 2023, 02:38:37 PMthen you have something very very wrong in your system....

if a field can not have a default value, then mySQL is not going to generate an error telling you that it needs a default value..... 

I have been using SMF 2.0 RC 2 for last 6 years with 7 modifications in it.

Now I have upgraded to SMF 2.1.3 recently and all 7 modifications not working.

So nothing is done from my end other then upgrading the forum from 2.0 RC 2 to 2.1.3

1   Bad Behavior mod   1.5.21
2   Google Analytics Code   1.4
3   SEO Sitemap   2.2.1
4   Stop Spammer   2.4.0
5   Global Headers Footers   2.0.1
6   Simple Audio Video Embedder
7   AEVA media gallery
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Arantor on March 13, 2023, 03:59:19 PMNo, TEXT fields cannot have a default value - that's been the case for some years.

The syntax is slightly different, I believe it is ALTER TABLE tablename SET column NULL to make the column nullable.
Hi,

You want me to try this is it, if so what will get affected.

I used - ALTER TABLE smf_log_topics ALTER lastView SET DEFAULT NULL

asking to try - ALTER TABLE smf_log_topics SET lastView NULL

I used - ALTER TABLE smf_messages ALTER description SET DEFAULT NULL

asking to try - ALTER TABLE smf_messages SET description NULL

Please advise.

Kindred

Mods in 2.0rc will almost definitely NOT work in 2.1.x

Aeva for certain will not. That mid was removed for security reasons several years ago
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Kindred on March 15, 2023, 05:57:54 PMMods in 2.0rc will almost definitely NOT work in 2.1.x

Aeva for certain will not. That mid was removed for security reasons several years ago

Yes I agree, quoted these mods for your knowledge.
Only these 7 mods I had for 6 years on 2.0. rc 2

Those are the mods which where creating the issues after moving to 2.1.3
Where no one cannot post & reply to an topic as both guest + registered members.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Sudhakar Arjunan on March 15, 2023, 04:41:11 PMI used - ALTER TABLE smf_log_topics ALTER lastView SET DEFAULT NULL

asking to try - ALTER TABLE smf_log_topics SET lastView NULL

I used - ALTER TABLE smf_messages ALTER description SET DEFAULT NULL

asking to try - ALTER TABLE smf_messages SET description NULL

Are you using the mods that added those 2 custom fields in the database? If you aren't, it is best to drop those 2 fields altogether from the database.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on March 16, 2023, 06:07:32 AMAre you using the mods that added those 2 custom fields in the database? If you aren't, it is best to drop those 2 fields altogether from the database.

Any commands to drop those fields

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Sudhakar Arjunan on March 23, 2023, 04:35:36 AMAny commands to drop those fields

ALTER TABLE smf_messages DROP COLUMN description;
ALTER TABLE smf_log_topics DROP COLUMN lastView;

Sudhakar Arjunan

Thank you Dougeffernan. Alter table command worked.
Removed three column
table smf_messages - removed description
table smf_messages - removed hidden info
table smf_log_topics - removed lastview

Could able to post and reply now. Thank you.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Sudhakar Arjunan on April 02, 2023, 12:59:35 AMThank you Dougeffernan. Alter table command worked.
Removed three column
table smf_messages - removed description
table smf_messages - removed hidden info
table smf_log_topics - removed lastview

Could able to post and reply now. Thank you.

Glad to see that the issues have been fixed.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Need one help, could you show me list of 2.1.3 default tables, so I will remove unwanted tables and columns am using for last 15 years now. But zero mods are ready for 2.1.3 so no use with data too.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Sudhakar Arjunan on April 02, 2023, 11:37:50 AMNeed one help, could you show me list of 2.1.3 default tables, so I will remove unwanted tables and columns am using for last 15 years now. But zero mods are ready for 2.1.3 so no use with data too.

You can install a new forum a.k.a. test forum, using a separate database and you can see all the default tables that way. Or you can see a list of all the default tables and their data at the install_2-1_mysql.sql file, which can be found in the root of the forum folder.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: Doug Heffernan on April 02, 2023, 12:31:35 PMYou can install a new forum a.k.a. test forum, using a separate database and you can see all the default tables that way. Or you can see a list of all the default tables and their data at the install_2-1_mysql.sql file, which can be found in the root of the forum folder.

Noted Doug Heffernan thank you. Will check the same.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Tried uploading an attached and it showed some error. Then home admin homepage shows this

https://forum.com/index.php?
 /home/forum/public_html/Sources/Subs-Attachments.php (Line 1402)   Backtrace information

Type of error: Critical
Error messageSelect
Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (preview_attachments)
Function: prepareAttachsByMsg

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Sudhakar Arjunan

Advertisement: