SMF Support > SMF 1.1.x Support

Topics problem

(1/3) > >>

NickADA:
Hi all,

I have a little problem with the topics of my forum.

More than 10 years ago, my dad has founded a forum. He dies 10 years ago. 2 years after his dead crashes the webserver. Now, 8 years later, I'm going to try to get the old forum online. I've restored the database backup and installed SMF 1.1 with MySQL 5.6.

The problem is: when I go to a board, there are no messages, but SMF says that there are ...... messages in a board. Whats going wrong?

Greatings,
Nick Teeuwen

Arantor:
Inside the storage for the boards themselves, it tracks how many topics and posts there are so it doesn't have to actually look them up when it shows the list of boards.

My immediate guess is that you didn't restore all the backup, because the smf_topics and/or smf_messages table is missing.

vbgamer45:
Check the total records in your smf_messages and smf_topics table and report back what they are.

NickADA:
Hi,

I have seen that the table smf_topics does not exists. I had fully restored the backup. How can I fix that?

Greatz,

Nick

vbgamer45:
Grab it from the backup file should be one of the last tables in .sql file it is a full file.

Worse case scenario we could rebuild that table some data will be lost but restore did it once a long long time ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version