News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hello and please help me with my Ajax Chat issue...

Started by Warlord14, May 02, 2020, 08:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlord14

Hello All,

This is my first post, so quick introduction :)
I'm a new member of the SMF community. although have been using SMF since YABBSE days... Last few days have decided to upgrade my old and put on "autopilot" website. It was a Joomla 1.5 with SMF 1.1.x combo... I got hacked few times and decided it was time to upgrade -although hacks came all the time from the Joomla side (SMF 1.1.x was always intact), I decided to upgrade to 2.0.17. So, took my time, backed up everything, moved the databses, converted the databases, manualy edited some things through phpMyAdmin and finally glad to say that my SMF is now full updated and running. Last thing, Themes...

So my community is working with 2 themes a white theme (WT) and a black one (BT). I installed the WT and customised it to my needs. This included adding a couple of minor mods. One of them, as my subjest suggest, is the Ajax Chat from blueimp. Installed it fine, the chat is running and I customized it to my needs (no guests, etc.) When a member logs into my forum using the WT, he can see the Chat button on the main page mentionning the number of users logged in the Chatrooms and at the very bottom the visitor can also see how many are in the Chat and who are they.

However,

when logging (or switching) to the BT, only the Chat button is visible, absolutely no information is echoed at the very bottom of the page.

I have spent all day today trying to to find what is going on, spent time reading on SMF also but most topics are very old.
I am not an expert in coding but I can't get it how something works on one theme and not on the other...

using SMF 2.0.17, PHP7.0

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
W.

Chen Zhen

Your browser has developer tools that shows the javascript console log.
Any javascript errors on the page will show in the console log under the error header.
This may help you narrow down the issue.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Warlord14

Quote from: Chen Zhen on May 02, 2020, 09:05:54 PM

Your browser has developer tools that shows the javascript console log.
Any javascript errors on the page will show in the console log under the error header.
This may help you narrow down the issue.

Thank you Chen Zhen,

not sure if I did things right, used CTRL+SHIFT+J to open Console on my Chrome.
There was an error that there was no favicon.ico on my main folder, which I fixed, other than that there was no other error...

Thanks,
W.

drewactual

Does the non working theme load the JS? Does it run JS the working theme doesn't? What order are they loaded?

Warlord14

Quote from: drewactual on May 03, 2020, 12:49:25 AM
Does the non working theme load the JS? Does it run JS the working theme doesn't? What order are they loaded?

not that I see a difference, but surely there is one...
From what I understood the AJAX Chat is calling default Theme/languages/Modifications.langue.php

I changed the default theme in SMF setting to "default", "BT" and "WT" but same result...

do you know where I have to look exactly, I mean whch SMF file?

Thanks,
W.

drewactual

can we see a link? 

have you opened 'view source' and seen whether the code is present on the non-working theme?

what is the color of the text and what is the background of this block at the base of the page?

Illori

if you are having an issue with a mod you should post in the mods support topic so the author can assist you further.

Advertisement: