News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can not hide the "Info Center" box

Started by avaluedcustomer, May 02, 2020, 10:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avaluedcustomer

Hello,

I am trying out SMF 2.1 and I went through all settings (I think) and disabled everything around "statistics".

However the main page still displays the "Info Center" box with the online users, although I specifically disabled the option "Enable who's online list"

How can I remove the Info Center box completely?

I had a quick look at the theme's "index.template.php" but didn't find an obvious place where this could be disabled.

Am I missing something or is this a problem in 2.1 RC2?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: avaluedcustomer on May 02, 2020, 10:41:02 AM
Hello,

I am trying out SMF 2.1 and I went through all settings (I think) and disabled everything around "statistics".

However the main page still displays the "Info Center" box with the online users, although I specifically disabled the option "Enable who's online list"

How can I remove the Info Center box completely?

I had a quick look at the theme's "index.template.php" but didn't find an obvious place where this could be disabled.

Am I missing something or is this a problem in 2.1 RC2?

You want to remove it completely from your forum for everyone? The code for that is at the BoardIndex.template.php file.

m4z

It's supposed to work that way, the infocenter and the "who" feature are two separate things.

I attempted to get the behaviour you're asking for merged a couple of months back, but since that wasn't what the developers wanted, instead we improved the docs (look at the link for the (outdated) patch, IIRC you just need to wrap the whole info center in an "if ($context['show_who'])").
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

avaluedcustomer

Quote from: doug_ips on May 02, 2020, 10:48:38 AM
You want to remove it completely from your forum for everyone? The code for that is at the BoardIndex.template.php file.
Thanks, that worked.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: avaluedcustomer on May 02, 2020, 03:58:45 PM
Quote from: doug_ips on May 02, 2020, 10:48:38 AM
Thanks, that worked.

Glad to have been of help.

Advertisement: