News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Force Logout

Started by skb, May 03, 2020, 11:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

I have a registered member who I suspect is a spammer, from his IP address and email ID. This member has been persistently Online and connected to the forum for several days now. His activity shows as "Logging into the forum".
Is there a way to force a logout for a member. Will a ban at this stage help ? 

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: skb on May 03, 2020, 11:44:12 PM
I have a registered member who I suspect is a spammer, from his IP address and email ID. This member has been persistently Online and connected to the forum for several days now. His activity shows as "Logging into the forum".
Is there a way to force a logout for a member. Will a ban at this stage help ?

You can log that user out by deleting his session from smf_session table. For ex, run this query at your phpmyadmin:

DELETE FROM smf_sessions WHERE session_id = 'xxxxxxxxxxx';

Replace x-es with the session id of member that you want to log out and if you are using another prefix for your db tables, append it to the table name instead of smf_.

If you are not comfortable with running manual queries, go to the Maintenance section of your Acp and run Empty out unimportant logs. smf_sessions table would be one of the logs that will be truncated. Note that this will log out everyone. Hope it helps.

skb

Thanks Doug.
I used the 2nd option and cleared out the logs. Thanks again.
I suppose that the guy wasn't really Online just that the session was sort of 'stuck'.

SMF 2.1.4 / TP 2.2.2

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: skb on May 04, 2020, 06:21:17 AM
Thanks Doug.
I used the 2nd option and cleared out the logs. Thanks again.
I suppose that the guy wasn't really Online just that the session was sort of 'stuck'.

You are welcome skb.

Advertisement: