Advertisement:

Author Topic: How to migrate from 2.1RC1 to 2.1RC1 ?  (Read 258 times)

Offline Saiy

• Semi-Newbie
How to migrate from 2.1RC1 to 2.1RC1 ?
« on: May 05, 2020, 05:00:13 AM »
Hi friends,

I'm using SMF since 2008... and thank you for this incredibly solution. More than 10 years that I really love to use it.

So, although I already use the version "2.1RC2" that works like a charm on my website, I would like to reinstall everything (with a "full install" package) to start from a completely clean version.

BUT OF COURSE, after the "full install", I would like to re-import all the essentials from my previous version :
- Database = no problem
- Theme = no problem
- Repositories = here is my problem

My question is : Which repositories should I copy / paste from my previous version to new ne one ? (Smileys, Attachments, etc...)

Offline Illori

• Project Manager
  • SMF Legend
Re: How to migrate from 2.1RC1 to 2.1RC1 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 05:31:39 AM »
take a look at https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

we dont recommend using the install package.

Offline Saiy

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 06:07:19 AM »
Problem solved, it worked. I installed a new 2.1RC2 version and just copied/pasted my previous repositories (attachments, avatar, custom-avatars, smileys, theme).

Offline doug_ips

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 06:20:32 AM »
Problem solved, it worked. I installed a new 2.1RC2 version and just copied/pasted my previous repositories (attachments, avatar, custom-avatars, smileys, theme).

For future reference, it is much better to do it like Illori posted above imo, rather than doing a fresh installation.