News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to migrate from 2.1RC1 to 2.1RC1 ?

Started by Saiy, May 05, 2020, 05:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saiy

Hi friends,

I'm using SMF since 2008... and thank you for this incredibly solution. More than 10 years that I really love to use it.

So, although I already use the version "2.1RC2" that works like a charm on my website, I would like to reinstall everything (with a "full install" package) to start from a completely clean version.

BUT OF COURSE, after the "full install", I would like to re-import all the essentials from my previous version :
- Database = no problem
- Theme = no problem
- Repositories = here is my problem

My question is : Which repositories should I copy / paste from my previous version to new ne one ? (Smileys, Attachments, etc...)

Illori

Saiy

Problem solved, it worked. I installed a new 2.1RC2 version and just copied/pasted my previous repositories (attachments, avatar, custom-avatars, smileys, theme).

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Saiy on May 05, 2020, 06:07:19 AM
Problem solved, it worked. I installed a new 2.1RC2 version and just copied/pasted my previous repositories (attachments, avatar, custom-avatars, smileys, theme).

For future reference, it is much better to do it like Illori posted above imo, rather than doing a fresh installation.

Advertisement: