News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Discord to smf

Started by lup1n2, May 05, 2020, 05:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lup1n2

Hi, I am trying to find out if there is a way to post from discord to smf? . I did a search but nothing came back.

Thanks in advance

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: lup1n2 on May 05, 2020, 05:17:55 AM
Hi, I am trying to find out if there is a way to post from discord to smf? . I did a search but nothing came back.

Thanks in advance

Have a look here:

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4190

Another alternative would be a combo of the Discord rss Bot with SMF rss feed.

vbgamer45

Haven't built Discord to SMF then SMF to Discord which is mentioned above.
Also check out https://zapier.com/apps/discord/integrations that could be something you can use it to tie into other systems.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Doug Heffernan

You are right. I misread the OP 's request. He was asking for the other way around.

Diego Andrés

I see more benefit on SMF->Discord than the other way around.

But also I think that the Discord->SMF best approach is by having a custom bot in your server.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

lup1n2

thanks for the replies. I have quite a large community and some are reluctant to download Discord. So this is why I'm looking for something for Discord - SMF just to try and entice people who are adamant to download discord to try and encourage them to do so. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this

Jeff Lewis

What would you want posted from Discord to SMF? Would you want to post all messages from a specific channel or something?
Co-Founder of SMF

lup1n2

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on May 06, 2020, 10:04:45 AM
What would you want posted from Discord to SMF? Would you want to post all messages from a specific channel or something?
Hi Jeff, yes I think just one channel otherwise it could get very messy. Do you have something in mind. Thanks in advance

Jeff Lewis

I unfortunately don't have anything that could help but was trying to think of how one might work. It's easy enough to write a bot to parse the messages but not sure how someone would want that represented in the forum...like attribute the posts to authors or general posts or what.
Co-Founder of SMF

Arantor

The usual approaches are to either have a bot user to hold it so it's not attributed to an actual user, or have a really fancy mapping to say 'this SMF user is this Discord user' and figure it out when the integration sends it. The former is easier, the latter is cooler but way more prone to breakage.

Advertisement: