Can't access to admin board sections after update to 2.0.17

Started by meylodie, May 06, 2020, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meylodie

Hello,

the forum is here: http://forum.linuxvillage.org

I get to the admin board, go to another part of the admin section then get stuck on:

QuoteIncorrect string value: '''' for function inet_aton
Fichier: /srv/data/web/vhosts/forum.linuxvillage.org/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php
Ligne: 2659

Note : Il est possible que votre base de données nécessite une mise à jour. Actuellement, la version des fichiers du forum est SMF 2.0.17, alors que votre base de données est en version SMF 2.0.9. L'erreur signalée ci-dessus pourrait peut-être corrigée en exécutant la dernière version de upgrade.php.

translation:
QuoteNote: Your database may require an update. Currently, the version of the forum files is SMF 2.0.17, while your database is in version SMF 2.0.9. The error reported above could possibly be corrected by running the latest version of upgrade.php.

I don't know how the db could be 2.0.9 while the previous version of the forum was 2.0.15.

Anyway, what are the steps to execute laste upgrade.php version?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Melodie

Ricky.

Quote from: meylodie on May 06, 2020, 09:35:11 PM
Hello,
the forum is here: http://forum.linuxvillage.org

I get to the admin board, go to another part of the admin section then get stuck on:

Incorrect string value: '''' for function inet_aton

Well , you can ignore DB upgrade warning. Regarding other error, seems like a bug or something as SMF is not able to get user IP.  Can you try a different ISP to see if error still persist ? May be wait someone more informed to see this and give some advice.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ricky.

SMF can't handle IPv6 here or its just that his SMF is not able to get his IP right ?

meylodie

Hello,

Yesterday before posting here I have already tried removing IPV6 from the custom DNS section in bookmyname.com where I have the domain. But it revealed to be worse : once done, I could not login anymore to the forum at all. From there I have reverted back to IPV6.

So, what about that part of the error message? "The error reported above could possibly be corrected by running the latest version of upgrade.php."

I haven't tried that yet.

In the worse case scenario I will remove the forum fully and reinstall it from the backup I made. However I would prefer to solve it and not revert back.

meylodie

Quote from: Ricky. on May 07, 2020, 12:14:16 AM
Well , you can ignore DB upgrade warning. Regarding other error, seems like a bug or something as SMF is not able to get user IP.  Can you try a different ISP to see if error still persist ? May be wait someone more informed to see this and give some advice.

Why is that?

No I can't try another ISP.

Illori

if you are not the host then you need to as your host to disable ipv6 for your forum. no other way around this.

meylodie

Quote from: Illori on May 07, 2020, 05:26:32 AM
if you are not the host then you need to as your host to disable ipv6 for your forum. no other way around this.

My hosting is on a PAAS : platform as a service and he can't disable it on the server side. I already asked this is why I tried in the DNS side.

meylodie

Hi again,

why does the documentation refer to an "upgrade.php" file whereas there is no such file in the latest 2.0.17 archive? https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

thanks.

Illori

Ricky.

This is not about host IPv6 thing, its about client ie user accessing the forum.

I was asking to try another ISP to access internet where there is no IPv6, see if that get resolved ?

Illori

Because ipv6 is enabled on the server the user is getting this error. It has been resolved before on the server side for others.

meylodie

Quote from: Ricky. on May 07, 2020, 12:07:47 PM
This is not about host IPv6 thing, its about client ie user accessing the forum.

I was asking to try another ISP to access internet where there is no IPv6, see if that get resolved ?

I have asked a buddy who is in another part of the country, he could not access either. What about ISP's ?

meylodie

Quote from: Illori on May 07, 2020, 12:46:24 PM
Because ipv6 is enabled on the server the user is getting this error. It has been resolved before on the server side for others.

just a thought : why would IPV6 trigger this error on the version 2.0.17 of the forum but not on the previous 2.0.15 version? How does that make sense if it does at all?

meylodie

Quote from: Illori on May 07, 2020, 08:35:12 AM
Then you must be using the wrong zip.

I have re-downloaded the zip from here: https://download.simplemachines.org/

Just for the sake of it, I downloaded now all three to /tmp. I created a directory for each of them, bearing the archive extention, and extracted each in their own directory. Then checked each one using "find". Here is the result:

$ pwd
/tmp/SMF_2-0-17_install-ZIP

$ find . -name "update.php"

$

$ cd ../SMF_2-0-17_install-TAR-GZ/

$

$ cd ../SMF_2-0-17_install-TAR-BZ2/

$

No "update.php". Should I have done a search with "Update.php" ?

Just to be sure, directly under /tmp:
[melodie@bento64:/tmp]
$ sudo find . -name "Update.php"
[sudo] Mot de passe de melodie :
[melodie@bento64:/tmp]
$

So now what happens?  :(

meylodie

I was on IRC where Alberto has been nice enough to show me my mistake. I tried updating using the Install package.

Now I can redo it from scratch.

meylodie

All done, including repair-settings.php afterwards, and still not better once logged in as soon as trying to reach another page in the forum, Database error:

Erreur de base de données
Incorrect string value: '''' for function inet_aton

Illori

it is not a database error. as i said above you need to ask your host to disable ipv6.

you did not need to use the large upgrade package at all.

meylodie

Quote from: Illori on May 07, 2020, 04:46:18 PM
it is not a database error. as i said above you need to ask your host to disable ipv6.

you did not need to use the large upgrade package at all.

I did ask my host to disable ipv6 as I said in another post today, but they can't do that, because it is a paas hosting, not a dedicated nor a mutualized. I tried disabling it on the DNS/redirection from my registrar's as it's not the same as my host, but it failed with login to forum not even possible anymore.

I tried the large update package in order to try to fix it. Originally I had updated from within the admin board. (just after april 20th, that's the date for my backups).

I guess I'll have no other solution than reverting back to the 2.0.15 version using the backups.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: