News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Cookie

Started by Koper, June 12, 2020, 07:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koper

What file would I need to replace to return to my previous cookie settings? Because I get a message when logging in. You can't log in. Check your cookie settings

Looking

Cookie settings are changed in Admin. Did you recently upgrade your SMF?

Clear your browser cache. Then go to your SMF login page and login from there.

Koper

I have changed cookie settings and after these changes I can't log in to the forum and I get this message above

Koper

Which files would I need to replace to make everything work as it should? because now nobody in my forum can login

Looking

What did you change your cookie settings to?

There are no files, you would have to edit your Admin setting in the database to put back your old cookie info.

Koper

I highlighted in cookies and sessions: Use basic authentication using cookies
And after that I can't log in

Koper

In which database table would I have to change this and what exactly? Because I don't know where to even look

Deaks

Koper I know your fustrated and want to get back in your forum m8, not everyone who views your topic will have the answer, also sometimes it takes time to find the answer for you, we are all volunteers dude, and its cliche asnwer but bumping your topic wont get answers any quicker.  BTW I dont know the answer however when im finished my own stuff if no-one has replied ill be looking to see myself so you know.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Illori

I believe repair_settings.php can change the cookie settings

What is repair_settings.php?

Koper

Continue the same as above. And that I'm uploading a new smf it won't do anything to me because the database will be the same

Arantor

But the cookie settings are in the database...

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Illori on June 12, 2020, 09:44:39 AM
I believe repair_settings.php can change the cookie settings

Just cookie name, that will only help if problem is corrupt cookie.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Koper

And someone knows, maybe in which database table I would have to look for cookie settings

Arantor

That would be smf_settings.

Advertisement: