News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Resources not updated?

Started by usa4all, May 09, 2020, 06:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usa4all

Hi,

Seems like my Sources aren't updated...     (I noticed the forum does strange things, like: No Bulk Delete, Certain members can't post (No Auth. issue) , and more. )

How can i easily fix this?  See att.

Arantor

Click on Sources, which files are not updated?

usa4all

Load.php 2.0.11
Memberlist.php   2.0.8
RemoveTopic.php   2.0
Who.php   2.0.2
Taalbestanden   2.0   (Language Files)

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: usa4all on May 09, 2020, 03:24:01 PM
Load.php 2.0.11
Memberlist.php   2.0.8
RemoveTopic.php   2.0
Who.php   2.0.2
Taalbestanden   2.0   (Language Files)

Most likely they were not overwritten during the upgrade. You can take those files out of the large 2.0.17 package and upload them to your sources folder. However, if you have installed any mods that edit any of those files, they will stop working and most likely you will get an error.

It would be much better imo to overwrite all your forum files with a fresh set from the large 2.0.17 upgrade package. Note that doing that will uninstall any mods that you have installed.

Whereas the language files, I think that the message is for the custom language that you are using.

usa4all

I just updated some files manually , check functions now..

Deaks

usa4all, is this fixed?  I marked it as solved as you not been on in 15 days.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

usa4all

Everything is updated .. ,

But the forum does still strange things..

(I noticed the forum does strange things, like: No Bulk Delete, Certain members can't post (No Auth. issue) , and more. )

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: usa4all on May 28, 2020, 03:12:11 AM
Everything is updated .. ,

But the forum does still strange things..

(I noticed the forum does strange things, like: No Bulk Delete, Certain members can't post (No Auth. issue) , and more. )

Are there any errors in the error log?

Deaks

Can I ask if you have run a forum maintenance?

Also what mods do you have installed?  Do you have any custom edits to your files?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

usa4all

I did run a maintenance , no errors :-P

I have mods installed, bud al the issues appear also in default mode..

usa4all

Quote from: doug_ips on May 28, 2020, 05:34:43 AM

Are there any errors in the error log?

Just cleaned all the logs , there was to many to sort out.. So build a new log now..

Deaks

How many mods?  I am leading somewhere please don't worry :D
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

usa4all

Quote from: Deaks on May 28, 2020, 05:50:44 AM
How many mods?  I am leading somewhere please don't worry :D

Five  from : https://www.smfpacks.com/page/sa=free

And also the theme ,,,

Deaks

ok what I advise is rather drastic but should sort the issues, and if doesnt we then know issue lies elsewhere and narrows it down ALOT.

I would suggest putting your forum in maintenance mode, then download the Large Upgrade package and replace all your files with them, also run the upgrade.php just to make sure the database is also updated. Then 1 by 1 re-install the mods.  Depending on size of the forum this really wont take too long (based on smaller forum).

Now here is the warning.  PLEASE BACKUP YOUR FORUM AND DATABASE BEFORE DOING THE ABOVE.  Sorry for the yellling it is crucial :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

usa4all

Quote from: Deaks on May 28, 2020, 06:01:05 AM
ok what I advise is rather drastic but should sort the issues, and if doesnt we then know issue lies elsewhere and narrows it down ALOT.

I would suggest putting your forum in maintenance mode, then download the Large Upgrade package and replace all your files with them, also run the upgrade.php just to make sure the database is also updated. Then 1 by 1 re-install the mods.  Depending on size of the forum this really wont take too long (based on smaller forum).

Now here is the warning.  PLEASE BACKUP YOUR FORUM AND DATABASE BEFORE DOING THE ABOVE.  Sorry for the yellling it is crucial :)

Yeah, I get the message :-)

I think its the only option to do...   I will do it when i'm sure I have the time.  Don't want to rush... 

Deaks

its a good idea to wait till you have time, I will mark this as solved for now when you have done it let me know if its fixed the issue :)  We can always mark topic as not solved if that doesnt fix issue.

Good luck :D
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

usa4all

Quote from: Deaks on May 28, 2020, 06:10:28 AM
its a good idea to wait till you have time, I will mark this as solved for now when you have done it let me know if its fixed the issue :)  We can always mark topic as not solved if that doesnt fix issue.

Good luck :D

Tx,,

Bonne Chance!  ;-)

Doug Heffernan

also run the upgrade.php just to make sure the database is also updated.

There are no database changes between the op 's version and the latest. So running the upgrader is not needed. Backing up the db in this case is not needed either as the db will not be touched.

Deaks

Quote from: doug_ips on May 28, 2020, 07:09:15 AM
also run the upgrade.php just to make sure the database is also updated.

There are no database changes between the op 's version and the latest. So running the upgrader is not needed. Backing up the db in this case is not needed either as the db will not be touched.

I am aware their are no changes however it will not do any harm to run it incase a db is out of sync.  Also it is good practice to update database as even if nothing is wrong he will have a fresh backup.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Illori

some people that have an up to date database have issues running upgrade.php... and since it should not actually change anything it just causes users to post about issues they run into which we dont tend to resolve, as there were no changes to apply.

Advertisement: