News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Resources not updated?

Started by usa4all, May 09, 2020, 06:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

Quote from: Illori on May 28, 2020, 07:39:40 AM
some people that have an up to date database have issues running upgrade.php... and since it should not actually change anything it just causes users to post about issues they run into which we dont tend to resolve, as there were no changes to apply.

forgive my insolence however is that then not why they should backup the db before changing?  All this is showing is the importance of backing up, the term "some" indicates its not a high number, their are questions that can be asked however this is not the appropriate area in regards to these "some", and if you wish me what these questions are, please feel free to message myself and we can discuss this in private messages.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Illori

I still don't think anyone that started with a 2.0.* version should run the upgrade.php script. There are no changes. A backup is always a good thing to do.

Advertisement: