News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

FF blocks pm redirect

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, February 10, 2021, 11:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Never noticed this before, nor have I seen it reported here, but if you have 'Show a popup when I receive new messages' enabled, popup is displayed correctly, but FF blocks the redirect to new pms with message 'Firefox prevented this site from opening a pop-up window'.  What's odd is it doesn't block the alert popup, but prevents you from getting to pm via the popup.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

shadav

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: no pms for you  :P
are you sure it's ff and not an adblocker that you installed?

Sir Osis of Liver

Don't use an ad blocker, I have all security/privacy settings maxed in FF, so all ads are blocked because they contain trackers.  That shouldn't affect pms, and FF is not blocking the pm popup, just the redirect from the popup.

- R. Waters

shawnb61

I'm not seeing that - but...

FF allows you to disable specific popups via a "don't show this again" checkbox...  If selected, though, that button will not appear again, preventing you from ever taking that action again...  Breaking your ui.  E.g., confirmation dialog buttons.  If you disable that, you can never take that action again.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Sir Osis of Liver

Never seen that or done that.  Tried it on different forum, same thing.  FF is blocking /forum/index.php?action=pm when clicked in alert popup.

- R. Waters

shawnb61

No problem here.  You either need to enable popups in FF or add that site to FF's popup exception list. 

A quick Google will show you how...
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Sir Osis of Liver

But it's not blocking the popup, just the link from the popup. >:(

- R. Waters

shawnb61

Just did the whole test...  Works fine. 

It stopped me as well, until I enabled popups. 

You need to enable popups in FF for that site.

efk

Is there a way to prevent some site from opening at all? It comes with one app that I'm using and its randomly open sometimes when using that app, nothing dangerous but I would like to completely ban access to that access on my default browser and in this case is also Firefox. That site opens in new tab and leads to specific page. So how to blacklist site to fully block it?
Its connected case, that's why I'm asking in this topic and not in another topic.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: shawnb61 on February 10, 2021, 11:00:43 PM
Just did the whole test...  Works fine. 

It stopped me as well, until I enabled popups. 

You need to enable popups in FF for that site.

I know how to do that, but that's not the point, it shouldn't be necessary.  Most browsers block popups by default, so it borks the feature.  Why does FF see the link as a popup when it's not?

Quote from: efk on February 11, 2021, 01:21:21 AM
Is there a way to prevent some site from opening at all? It comes with one app that I'm using and its randomly open sometimes when using that app, nothing dangerous but I would like to completely ban access to that access on my default browser and in this case is also Firefox. That site opens in new tab and leads to specific page. So how to blacklist site to fully block it?
Its connected case, that's why I'm asking in this topic and not in another topic.

You can use something like this -

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/block-website/?utm_source=addons.mozilla.org&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=search

- R. Waters

Matthias

On which device do you use firefox?
Private messages usually open in a new window.
For example, this does not work on an ipad with firefox
Quality first

Advertisement: