"Requesting a password reminder."

Started by SMiFFER, May 13, 2020, 05:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMiFFER

In "/index.php?action=who" I just saw that "someone" is "Requesting a password reminder."
I wonder who that is. If I knew, I could contact that user. Tracing the IP resulted in no info.

How and where can I see for what account a password reminder has just been requested?
I want to help that user.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Doug Heffernan

That was probably a spider that hit that link.

Arantor

The information is not logged to make that possible, and to do so would make the online log massively slower (since you'd have to log a lot more everywhere to make that work)

SMiFFER

Understood.

But I would not log every attempt. Only those attempts that addressed a valid user (either mail address or name) on my system.
This would filter out all spiders etc.
Quote of the day: A troll is an obstinate bloke who only hungers for your attention. If you feed him, he will puke all over you!

Arantor

That's kind of the problem, though, the part that does the logging internally can't tell the difference. You either log everything or almost nothing.

Kindred

In other words,  there is no good way to do it in smf, we're not adding it to the core and it's unlikely you'll find a mod to do that
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: