SMF Support > SMF 1.1.x Support

Infected with Malware

(1/6) > >>

Paffman:
I have (had) a website which links to a SMF forum. Google has red screened my domain as having been infected with malware. I have tried to clean it up and even restoring a good backup, but that has failed. I am having to build a new website and installing SMF, or do I have to build a website?

Is it possible to use SMF without a website?

Sorry noob question.

I am searching this forum as I type.

Thanks,
Steve

doug_ips:
Yes, you can use Smf as stand alone, assuming that is what you meant by "Is it possible to use SMF without a website".

What is your site 's url btw?

Sir Osis of Liver:

--- Quote from: Paffman on May 13, 2020, 11:28:15 AM ---Is it possible to use SMF without a website?

--- End quote ---

Yes, SMF runs independently of the website.  You can move the forum up front in your domain, or use a redirect to link directly to the forum where it currently resides.  If the site has been hacked, you should do a clean install of current version, then upgrade immediately to 2.0.17.

SpacePhoenix:
Have you changed your FTP password (making sure that the new password is a strong one)?

Paffman:
Thanks all for your help. Yes the FTP PW is strong, my host is saying that it was WordPress plugins that was the issue.

I have installed a fresh copy of SMF and yes it is stand alone.

My problem now is that I can't restore a database I saved in April. Using cpanel I have uploaded/restored the DB I need, but going back to the SMF, it looks no different from the new install.

What am I doing wrong?

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version