News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Infected with Malware

Started by Paffman, May 13, 2020, 11:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paffman

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 22, 2020, 08:52:44 PM
Just import the database backup into the new (empty) database you created for the new install, then run repair_settings.  The database name will be that of the new database, the table prefix will be that of the old database (iirc).  You fix all that with repair_settings.

Say I have DB named 123_abc and the new created DB is called 456_def. I upload my saved DB 123_acb, in repair_settings do I need to rename my saved DB to the new DB 456_def?

Sorry confused now.

Kindred

No, just change the prefix identified in settings.php using repair_settings.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Paffman

Quote from: Kindred on May 23, 2020, 08:46:06 PM
No, just change the prefix identified in settings.php using repair_settings.php

Sorry, change the DB prefix in settings.php to the one ID'd in repair_settings.php?

Kindred

No. Whatever the imported database prefix is.
Use repair_settings.phpto set  the prefix to that. This will update settings.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Paffman

Do I just upload a .sql DB or a complete. Either way in repair_settings I see the new BD prefix, where do I fine the restored DB prefix?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Paffman on May 25, 2020, 11:43:14 AM
Do I just upload a .sql DB or a complete. Either way in repair_settings I see the new BD prefix, where do I fine the restored DB prefix?

You must upload the backup file as whole/complete in whatever format you have it. Some times hosts set a max file size limit on their phpmyadmin. If your compressed backup file is above that limit, you will get a time out message. In that case it is best to restore the backup from the restore option in cpanel or failed that, use another tool like mysqldumper.

P.s. Another thing I would strongly advice you to do after you get your forum up and running, is to upgrade it to the latest stable 2.0.17 release.

Paffman

The new SMF is 2.0.17

I can upload a saved DB, but I don't know what the prefix is for it to change in the repair_settings.

The upload DB has it got to be a .sql or .gz file?

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Paffman on May 25, 2020, 11:49:06 AM
The new SMF is 2.0.17

I can upload a saved DB, but I don't know what the prefix is for it to change in the repair_settings.

Ah ok. I said that because you are posting in the SMF 1.1.x Support section. Maybe the moderators can move it to the 2.0 support section.

Is the backup from 2.0x series as well btw as it is not very clear to me?

The prefix is the db prefix. When you run the repair_settings.php file, make sure to enter all the db info correctly and follow the suggestions for paths and urls to make sure that they are set up correctly.

Paffman

Sorry my bad, should have been in the 2.0.x board, Admin?

Yeah I know that I have to change the DB prefix in repair_settings, but how do I know what prefix to change it to?

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in the database.  It will import with the table prefix from the original database, but keep the name of the new db.  Or look in Settings.php if you have a files backup of the original forum.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Deaks

Paffman, did you get this sorted?  as you have been online often and not updated us then I will assume this is ssorted as such I have marked this as solved if you need further help Sir Osis will be happy to help further he just doesnt know it yet
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Paffman

Sorry Deaks, forgive me.

Yes it is solved.

Advertisement: