News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How Delete Non Active Members ?

Started by Kenny01, May 14, 2020, 06:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny01

Hello,
My SMF forum is 12 years old and i have thousands of registered non active members with no single post or visit in many years. These people are costing me alots of money in hosting in terms of server space occupied.1.My problem now is what is the simple way to delete them instead of doing it one by one because there's no admin option for that in SMF.

I have this option in my classified site admin panel, i hope SMF team will include this in the admin panel.

2. Can someone give me a command line to run in my phpMy Admin to delete them all in MYSQL.I'm using Forum version: SMF 2.0.13

Best Regards.

Kenny01

Thanks but i need SMF 2.0.17 to install the mod, i'm stuck with SMF 2.0.13 because the it's no more a breeze updating SMF with a click in the admin panel.

Can i pay you to upgrade my forum to SMF 2.0.17?

because my forum is always down when i tried doing it like before with a click from the admin panel, i'm luck to have a host that keep daily off site backups.

Shambles

Quote from: Kenny01I'm using Forum version: SMF 2.0.13

Best Regards.

Quote from: ModSpec

Kenny01

Quote from: Shambles on May 14, 2020, 08:43:34 AM
Quote from: Kenny01I'm using Forum version: SMF 2.0.13

Best Regards.

Quote from: ModSpec
Thanks.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Kenny01 on May 14, 2020, 07:04:48 AM
Thanks but i need SMF 2.0.17 to install the mod, i'm stuck with SMF 2.0.13 because the it's no more a breeze updating SMF with a click in the admin panel.

Can i pay you to upgrade my forum to SMF 2.0.17?

because my forum is always down when i tried doing it like before with a click from the admin panel, i'm luck to have a host that keep daily off site backups.

What errors did you get?

You can try to update it manually. It is very easy. All you have to do is to overwrite your forum folders/files with the files from the large 2.0.17 upgrade. And because there are no db changes between those versions, you do not even need to run the upgrader.

Kenny01

Quote from: doug_ips on May 14, 2020, 11:29:40 AM
And because there are no db changes between those versions, you do not even need to run the upgrader.
Whaooo, that sounds easy, but another big problem before i try the upgrade myself, i don't mind breaking things because my sites are daily backups, i can easy ask my host for a restore.

My server is running php 5.6 and i need to upgrade to php 7.3 because of my wordpress security alarm.
1. How do i go about it?
2. Should i upgrade my server first to php 7.3 before upgrading my SMF
3. I upgrade SMF first from version: SMF 2.0.13 to 2.0.17  Then i upgrade my server later after upgrading SMF?

Your advices are welcome.
Thanks.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Kenny01 on May 14, 2020, 12:10:19 PM
And because there are no db changes between those versions, you do not even need to run the upgrader.
Whaooo, that sounds easy, but another big problem before i try the upgrade myself, i don't mind breaking things because my sites are daily backups, i can easy ask my host for a restore.

My server is running php 5.6 and i need to upgrade to php 7.3 because of my wordpress security alarm.
1. How do i go about it?
2. Should i upgrade my server first to php 7.3 before upgrading my SMF
3. I upgrade SMF first from version: SMF 2.0.13 to 2.0.17  Then i upgrade my server later after upgrading SMF?

Your advices are welcome.
Thanks.

The best way imo would be to first upgrade php, and then smf.

Kindred

no....  upgrade SMF *THEN* php...  because 7.3 will break the old versions of SMF
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Kindred on May 14, 2020, 12:31:00 PM
no....  upgrade SMF *THEN* php...  because 7.3 will break the old versions of SMF

If the files are overwritten with the files of the large 2.0.17, should be no problem. As it happens I did something similiar with an old forum that I brought back and everything went fine.

But I guess for the OP maybe it is better to do it the other way around.

Kenny01

Quote from: Kindred on May 14, 2020, 12:31:00 PM
Thanks boss, i'm glad to see SMF veteran coming to my rescue.
I will do it over the weekend mignight when i have less traffic. I will updates you guys how it goes.
Thank you all.

Kenny01

You can try to update it manually. It is very easy. All you have to do is to overwrite your forum folders/files with the files from the large 2.0.17 upgrade. And because there are no db changes between those versions, you do not even need to run the upgrader.
One last question,
If I'm not wrong, overwritting all files and folders also mean losing
1. All mods already installed ?
2. Theme or template modification.
3. In short losing everything and back to the default SMF theme without anything installed ?

Thanks.

Kindred

you will lose all mods that edit files.
you will lose any cusomt edits to the DEFAULT (curve2) theme templates

if you have a custom theme, that will remain untouched.
if you have mods which use hooks, those will remain -- which possibly leads to other problems, if the mods do BOTH file edits AND use hooks, since the hooks will still trigger, but the files edits won't be there any more.

So, best bet would be to run the remove_hooks script as well, just after the file replacement...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: