News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Just To Know If SMF 2.0.17 Is Compatible With PHP 7.3 ?

Started by Kenny01, May 14, 2020, 07:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny01

Hello,
I want to know If SMF 2.0.17 Is Compatible With PHP 7.3 ?
Because my wordpress Security advice me to upgrade to PHP 7.3 which is more secure and faster.

Thanks.

a10

7.3 working perfect for a long time on my (more or less) stock 2.0.17.
Problem may be some mod, check that each one in use is 7.3 compatible.
btw, up from which version ?
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Kenny01

Quote from: a10 on May 14, 2020, 08:17:13 AM
Problem may be some mod, check that each one in use is 7.3 compatible.
btw, up from which version ?
Now i understand why my forum is crashing each time that i tried to update with a click from my admin panel , i will need to hire someone for this.

Thanks.

Sir Osis of Liver

2.0.17 will log a lot of deprecated code errors in php 7.3.  You can install this mod to fix that.  If your forum is broken by a mod and you can't uninstall it, you can upload a clean set of files to get it working again.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

it only logs errors in SOME (odd) configurations of php settings, since I am running on 7.3 with no errors showing.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MobileCS

You don't need a mod if you have access to your webserver config files.

I use Nginx / Apache to handle PHP files, so I just needed to change "LogLevel notice" to "LogLevel warn" in my Apache httpd.conf file to fix the issue.

Advertisement: