News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Template

Started by Kustomuk, May 15, 2020, 11:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kustomuk

I am after removing the template showing simple machine forum and replacing it with my own template does any one have any ideas on how to go about this, Basically i`m after putting my own logo at the top of the forum.

If anyone could help this would be much appreciated.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Replayuk on May 15, 2020, 11:16:24 AM
I am after removing the template showing simple machine forum and replacing it with my own template does any one have any ideas on how to go about this, Basically i`m after putting my own logo at the top of the forum.

You do not need to remove the template for that. All you gotta do is follow the instructions in this link and you are good to go.

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_change_the_logo

Sir Osis of Liver

If you want to remove the SMF logo upper right, do this -

/css/index.css

/* float these items to the right */
#siteslogan
{
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
float: right;
line-height: 3em;
}
img#smflogo
{
display: none;
}

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kustomuk

Quote from: doug_ips on May 15, 2020, 12:36:04 PM

You do not need to remove the template for that. All you gotta do is follow the instructions in this link and you are good to go.

That does work But i need a much more stable banner or logo across the top of the forum, any ideas anoyone on how to do this.

Kustomuk

Quote from: Replayuk on May 15, 2020, 04:09:06 PM

That does work But i need a much more stable banner or logo across the top of the forum, any ideas anoyone on how to do this.

What do i do add the code or find it and remove it.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Replayuk on May 15, 2020, 04:14:50 PM

Did you look at the link that I posted?

Kustomuk

Quote from: Replayuk on May 15, 2020, 04:14:50 PM

I changed the code and it didn`t seem to remove the logo.

Antechinus

Which theme are you using?

Kustomuk

Quote from: Antechinus on May 15, 2020, 04:49:33 PM
Which theme are you using?

smf  2.0.17 ,  SMF Default Theme - Curve

Antechinus

Ok, you said the help page linked earlier "does work" but you want a "much more stable banner or logo across the top of the forum".

Exactly what do you mean by that? Are you after something like this?

Kustomuk

Oh yes that looks fantastic, that's what I'm after.

Kustomuk

Quote from: Antechinus on May 16, 2020, 06:38:27 AM
Ok, read this: Full width banner - automatically scales to any screen size

What file am i changing the code in to get this effect Antechinus, plus where is it located.

Thankyou

Sir Osis of Liver

Most of it is in /Themes/default/css/index.css.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Antechinus

Quote from: Replayuk on May 16, 2020, 12:25:02 PMWhat file am i changing the code in to get this effect Antechinus, plus where is it located.

Thankyou

Themes/default/index.template.php and Themes/default/css/index.css

All the stuff in the first post in that thread is for index.css.

The first edit in the second post is for index.template.php, and the second edit in the second post is for index.css.

Kustomuk

Ok i`ve changed the files code but how do i point it to my logo in that code so it will display the logo on the screen.

Thankyou

Antechinus

It will pick up whichever banner you have linked from the theme settings page in admin.

Kustomuk

Its working :D

Thankyou Antechinus for your help plus all the others that got involved in this thread Thankyou.

Advertisement: