News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Core Theme Question 2.0.17

Started by Kustomuk, March 16, 2021, 01:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kustomuk

Curve 2.0.17 Theme,

Now my question is and i have a funny idea its going to be something very simple i`ve missed, But when i look at this on my mobile phone i`m able to touch my mobile phone screen and move the theme to the left and back again when i`m sure it`s mean`t to be a solid fit and should not move left or right at all,

I`ve tried to do this on the test site and that also does the same, But when i try to do this on Simple Machine Forum`s site it`s a solid fit to the mobile phone`s screen,

Any Ideas anyone,

Oh we have a mod installed called Responsive Curve,

Ninja ZX-10RR

This should probably go to: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=34.0 :)

Anyway probably something else breaking it, need a link to see it. I would bet on either header or footer.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kustomuk

I think it could be the header photo that needs to be made to the correct size, I`ll run more tests on my test site thanks guys,

Just tried different theme`s on the test site and without the header its a solid fit,

Thankyou fixed marked as solved just need to alter the width size of the logo now,

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kustomuk on March 16, 2021, 01:29:25 PM
Thankyou fixed marked as solved just need to alter the width size of the logo now,
Nope :P That won't fix it, you have to add a rule in index.css to make it so it doesn't exceed its limits.
Something along the lines of
.whateverclasstheimageheaderhas { max-width: 100%; height: auto; margin: 0 auto; }
Because making it smaller will only fix it until the screen is big enough to display it, but afterwards it will break again.

Glad it helped anyway :D

@Antechinus, proud of me? Guessed without looking ;D
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

In short, curve for 2.0.x is NOT optimized for mobile view....   there may be a lotta little gotchas buried away in there making it wide including the screen size, the viewport size, the defined width, etc.

you can apply the mobile curve modification, which makes it somewhat more responsive...   or one of the responsive OOB themes (like Ant's mutant curve)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: