News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

css styles

Started by pocttopus, May 19, 2020, 05:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pocttopus

Quote from: Arantor on May 20, 2020, 11:36:03 AM
Yes.

The GitHub version is a year ahead of the published version on download.simplemachines.org.
Quote from: Kindred on May 20, 2020, 11:47:42 AM
I think there are over 1000 changes...

What am I doing all this time?  :-\

pocttopus

Basically I need to install 2.1rc2 from download.simplemachines.org link and then to overwrite the files from github?
Because there is no installation option from the github link.

Arantor

The install files are in the other/ folder, you move them into your foot and run them normally.

RC2 is a year old... we're waiting on RC3.

Arantor

Did you move them into the root folder before trying to run them, like I said?

pocttopus

Yes... I have moved them and i have installed the forum from scratch.
Thanks!  ;)

But still in InspectElement I am seeing minified files, I don't see the index.css.  :(
How can I solve this issue with index.css on localhost? If I try to install 2.1rc2 on the server, can solve this?

Arantor

As we said, you can turn off minifying in the admin panel so you get the real index.css shown to you...

pocttopus

But I didn't understand how to turn off the minidfied file to display in InspectElement. :(
There is only a link to unminify but not how to turn off.

SychO

Quote from: SychO on May 19, 2020, 05:23:31 PM
And if you want to disable file compression even though it helps your forum's load speed, the setting is under Configuration > Features and Options > General > Minimize CSS and JavaScript files

^^^^^^^
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

pocttopus

Thanks @Sycho, problem solved!  ;)
So, once I make the changes I want, is it better to enable again Minimize CSS and JavaScript files option? Or should I leave it disabled?

pocttopus

Sorry folks again I have another issue... maybe it looks easy but it's not simple to solve it.
I have managed to import background image but I want to make some transparency for the #wrapper and #body.

But still I cannot find the classes in index.css... I still see them as inline rule's.

Firstly I must disable the body color:

And then to make the rest of the #wrapper around 50% transpareny:

Both rules are inline, I cannot change anything through index.css.
Is there any way to solve this?
Thanks again.

Arantor

Open out <head>, what do you see?

pocttopus

Here is head section:

Arantor

I see a style tag there... what's in that?

pocttopus

You mean about LightPortal?

Arantor

That's kind of my point, I don't know what is doing things in your page, and because I can't see it, I need you to go exploring - and I'm not a mindreader.

If I had to guess, I'd speculate you had a mod like the Curve Colorizer mod installed which is going to push some stuff into the <style> tag for styling purposes which would explain why things are tagged inline, because they're inline in the page in the <style> tag but since I can't see your code I can only guess...

Herman's Mixen

Therefore the questions asked should be a bit detailed so we know what you want to archive and so we can give proper support :D
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Arantor

Oh, it's clear what the OP is trying to achieve, it's just there's a roadblock doing it and some investigation is needed - but the OP decided to second-guess the questions I'd be asking.

pocttopus

Yes, I am using Curve Colorizer mod
Should I remove it?

Arantor

...it's the thing putting inline styles in, so... maybe?

Antechinus

Advertisement: