News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

css styles

Started by pocttopus, May 19, 2020, 05:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

* eating popcorn * :)

Antechinus

We'll get there eventually. ;)

pocttopus

Ok... I didn't know that this mod was putting inline rules, If I knew I wouldn't even asking or bothering you with this because it was not my intention.
There are several .css files (including those minified) and also like you I am not able to read whole script and styles in just two days.  :(
2.1 is a lot different comparing to 2.0.x... this does not means that I don't like it, it is a lot better and faster.
I'll try to fix this without that modification.

Thanks again.

albertlast

The version number 2.1 is missleading,
general to see this version as 3.0 is a better point of view to had the right mind set.

Kindred

No. That is very wrong. The next version is clearly 2.1  not 3.0

3.0 will be a major redesign to code practices
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

albertlast

2.1 got a major redesign,
you notice that by none 2.0 is able to run in 2.1.
Because of massiv changes in the code,
database and front end.

So people expect by the version number a small changes,
but the different between 2.0 and 2.1 is huge --> 2.1 is internaly a complet new product = 3.0
what ever you like to call this version.

Kindred

No. You are incorrect in your assumption of what the versions mean.

X.y.z

Changes to z are minor, typically patch releases with compatibility between versions
Changes to y are typically visible, often including major functionality and design.  Changes to y MAY have some compatibility but typically not.
Changes to x are significant.  Updates at this level frequently include major structural, code design, coding practices.  Changes to x will rarely, if ever, be backward compatible

1.0.x
1.1.x
2.0.x
2.1.x
Eventually
3.0.x

2.1 is NOT a 3.0 change
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

albertlast

Since that non mod work any more with github version,
we got here a 3.0 version
like you defined in you x.y.z text.
You see this also in on sm.org since more than one year is rc2 out and sm.org is still running on 2.0.x instead of using rc2 version --> because the changes are huge.

So mod author and other guy how work with the code of smf should threat 2.1 as 3.0,
that they dont expected anything is still running.

Kindred

Alberlast, sorry, but you are just plain wrong
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

It's tough, because on some level he is right.

The code-level changes from 1.1 to 2.0 are probably on par, on some level, with the scale of changes from 2.0 to 2.1.

Gwenwyfar

If I'm honest, I also wonder if this doesn't deserve serious consideration. A lot had changed in 2.1 when I was working on it and I see that even more changed since then. None of the themes will work, a lot of things function differently, a lot of mods won't work, etc.

Perhaps checking how many popular mods break could give some idea of the damage.

If it is too far out from the expectations it might give a lot of support headache too.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Arantor

At this stage most modders are either waiting for RC3 or final, and anyone that is doing RC builds, probably won't see a lot of breakage from RC2 to current.

It's not like 2.0 RCs where the markup had to be changed every darn RC (e.g. the catbg markup)

pocttopus

Hello,

Where is this hover attribute for modifications in admin panel. I haven found it in index.css nor admin.css... it's white color or similar, I want to change it to a darker color.
Maybe I have disabled this rule somehow but I cannot find it to set a different color. :-[
Thanks.

Arantor

Right click, inspect element...? I think it's a class that's added to the tr in JavaScript to be fair.

pocttopus

Here it is:

btw the forum is live on the server.
you can visit at renaultclub.mk

Gwenwyfar

On the html tab, tick the pseudoclass for "hover" on one of the trs so it will show you the :hover css attributes.

Quote from: Arantor on May 27, 2020, 08:07:05 AM
Right click, inspect element...? I think it%u2019s a class that%u2019s added to the tr in JavaScript to be fair.
I added it as a :hover on css, dunno if that's still how it is.

pocttopus

No, I cannot find it... there is no hover attribute into those <tr> tags... I have selected all of them.
Maybe I have disabled those attributes and now I can't find it.
Is there any way to solve it?

I have modified those lines into two separate colors but there is no white or light color for hover. :-\

/* Those classes are sharing exact same gradient. */
/* Background of buttons */
/*.dropmenu li ul, .top_menu, .dropmenu li li:hover, .button,
.dropmenu li li:hover > a, .dropmenu li li a:focus, .dropmenu li li a:hover,*/
#top_section, #search_form .button, .quickbuttons li,
.quickbuttons li ul, .quickbuttons li ul li:hover, .quickbuttons ul li a:focus,
.popup_window, #inner_section {
background: #060624; /* fallback for some browsers */
background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #060624 0%, transparent 70%);
}

.dropmenu li ul, .top_menu, .dropmenu li li:hover, .button,
.dropmenu li li:hover > a, .dropmenu li li a:focus, .dropmenu li li a:hover {
background: #0a1c2f;
background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #2573c0 0%, transparent 70%);

Gwenwyfar

It might be on the td instead. Let me check.

Nope, it's the tr. Check for

/* Add some hover on table rows */
tr.windowbg:hover {
background: #e2eef8;
}

pocttopus

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on May 27, 2020, 12:42:29 PM
It might be on the td instead. Let me check.

Nope, it's the tr. Check for

/* Add some hover on table rows */
tr.windowbg:hover {
background: #e2eef8;
}

Thank you ;)
It works!

Gwenwyfar

Advertisement: