News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Meta-Tag help to get the best listing

Started by Kustomuk, May 22, 2020, 03:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kustomuk

Even though i have install a mod file that works fine, I would like to insert my very own meta tags to the smf i`v installed but i`m unsure where to put or edit the file i need to insert the code into, On the meta tag data i`ve got it says to do this below, I forgot to add that i do have tinyportal installed as well.

Copy the following lines of code and insert them between the <HEAD> and </head> tags in your HTML document. That's it!

So if anyone can help on what file to edit to install that code i would be very greatful.

Thankyou

Arantor

What lines are you putting in? Putting in the same meta tag for every single page on the site doesn't seem especially helpful.

Kustomuk

The above is just giving an example of what to
Do , I've not posted the meta tag content, what i
Needed to know is what file in smf to edit and insert
The meta tag code I have.

Thankyou for the fast reply , I posted this from my phone,  so if it looks a bit different you'll understand why.

Arantor

Here's the problem, the file you edit changes it for every single page in your forum. And if you change the meta tags for every single page, it's problematic at best.

This is why you were strongly advised to use the Optimus mod so that you get different meta tags for different pages based on their content.

Kustomuk

Ah ok so I shouldn't bother inserting the meta code and just stick with the mod you told me to use.

Ok I'll do what you advised I was just wondering if it would make the listing better that's all.

Thankyou for replying back.

Kindred

Meta tags are basically ignored as far as search engines go, anyway.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antechinus

Yep. They're very much a 90's thing. Nobody really bothers with them these days.

Kustomuk

All i was bothered about was it being listing in the right areas, but its been great for all the advice and help as i`ve gone along.

Thankyou everyone

Advertisement: