banner ads

Started by Kustomuk, May 22, 2020, 05:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kustomuk

I want to put banner ad`s in the forums and arounbd the boards if not the front page, is that even possible.

I am running smf 2.0.17

Thankyou

Deaks

If you have a portal installed you could use that, alternatively you could use a mod such as:

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

The mod site is full of useful mods that are free for you to use, always a good idea to see if their is one on the modsite for your needs :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kustomuk

That looks good is it compatable with my version of smf, i`m using smf 2.0.17.

Thankyou

Tonyvic

It clearly states that it is:
QuoteCompatible With:
    1.1, 1.1.12, 1.1.13, 1.1.14, 1.1.15, 1.1.16, 1.1.17, 1.1.18, 1.1.19, 1.1.20, 1.1.21, 2.0, 2.0.10, 2.0.11, 2.0.12, 2.0.13, 2.0.14, 2.0.15, 2.0.16, 2.0.17, 2.1 RC1, 2.1 RC2

Deaks

Replayuk,  majority of mods that were released after 2.0 should work on your forum.  :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kustomuk

I`ve just downloaded the mod,   ad_mod_v3.5_SMF_2.0_and_SMF2.1d.
I am runnung smf 2.0.17 and was wondering if this is the correct verion to install, and will work ok on my smf 2.0.17

Thankyou

Deaks

that is correct one for 2.0.17 :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kustomuk

Quote from: Deaks on May 24, 2020, 11:03:06 AM
that is correct one for 2.0.17 :)

Do you know of any sites that has this banner mod running on it so i can see what it looks like Deaks.

Thankyou

Deaks

I am afraid I dont I used to use it when I ran a forum but its been a while, now my forums are only for testing.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kustomuk

Whats holding me back is i`m unsure if that mod will be the right one for the board, and before installing it i need to be sure as our forum is now very active.
I am also in talks with tinyportal & thinking of adding a block to the top section without adding any mods to do the same thing.

Thankyou for your fast reply

Deaks

you could always create a test forum on your website for you to try it before you install, just make sure it uses a different database as your main
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

lurkalot

Quote from: Replayuk on May 24, 2020, 01:34:43 PM

I am also in talks with tinyportal & thinking of adding a block to the top section without adding any mods to do the same thing.

I replied over there.  A couple of things you can try.  ;)

Kustomuk

Quote from: lurkalot on May 24, 2020, 02:29:53 PM
Quote from: Replayuk on May 24, 2020, 01:34:43 PM

I replied over there.  A couple of things you can try.  ;)

Thankyou

Advertisement: