Uploaded photos showing a bit too big

Started by Kustomuk, May 24, 2020, 10:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kustomuk

Is it possible to make the forum show photos uploaded to be displayed so they are not too big when viewed.

Deaks

Hi,

If you go to Admin - Configuration - Features and Options - Layout

you will see

Max width of posted picture and Max height of posted picture

this will mean that any picture posted would not be able to be bigger than the set size
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kustomuk

Quote from: Deaks on May 24, 2020, 11:08:39 AM
Hi,

If you go to Admin - Configuration - Features and Options - Layout

you will see

Max width of posted picture and Max height of posted picture

this will mean that any picture posted would not be able to be bigger than the set size

Do you have any idea`s of a default size that would be ok to be displayed there.

Deaks

Nope as it varies on screen resolution and screen size (mobile will use smaller size than monitor).  You would be best using the mod as it will do all the hard work also will resize the image if its larger than the set max.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kustomuk

Quote from: Deaks on May 24, 2020, 12:16:23 PM
Nope as it varies on screen resolution and screen size (mobile will use smaller size than monitor).  You would be best using the mod as it will do all the hard work also will resize the image if its larger than the set max.

Hmm my version is 2.0.17 is the mod compatable with this verion if so can you point me in the right direction so i can download the mod please.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kustomuk

Quote from: Deaks on May 24, 2020, 02:09:07 PM
Quote from: Deaks on May 24, 2020, 11:09:56 AM
You could also use the following mod:

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1197

This will work on 2.0.17 forums

here you go dude

Did you say you had a test site Deaks, if so would it be possible to see this running on your site by any chance.

Thankyou

Deaks

sure give me  afew minutes ill set it up
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Illori

a test site is just another install that is running on your server that you use for testing. there is nothing too special about it.

some people copy the database from the live forum to the test forum but that is optional.

Deaks

Replayuk, I sent you a link to my test forum with the mod in action.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kustomuk

Quote from: Illori on May 24, 2020, 04:14:44 PM
a test site is just another install that is running on your server that you use for testing. there is nothing too special about it.

some people copy the database from the live forum to the test forum but that is optional.

Sounds good to have a test site, i`m going to have to look into that option, Thankyou for your advice Illori .

Sir Osis of Liver

If you limit max width/height in Features and Options, it will prevent upload of larger images, won't resize them.  I use this mod -

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206

Allows you to set max width/height, images are resized and saved to specified dimension.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Deaks

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 24, 2020, 05:01:44 PM
If you limit max width/height in Features and Options, it will prevent upload of larger images, won't resize them.  I use this mod -

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206

Allows you to set max width/height, images are resized and saved to specified dimension.

its not quite what he is looking for, as he wants to include attachments (conversation is on my forum).  Suggested he look at a gallery mod may be of benefit :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Sir Osis of Liver

Dunno, hard to tell what he wants from this thread if it's not image resizer.  I run a gallery on one of my forums, doesn't resize images and blocks uploads that exceed max size, but attachment uploads are resized.  Would be nice to add resizer to gallery, never tried it. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

efk

Maybe he wants something like this https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3303
Size also depends on your theme size in % and posting area probably from theme
My forum and SMF forum are on 90%
Admin/Configuration/Current Theme/Forum width:

Antechinus

Or you can just use basic CSS, to get automatic sizing of any image to fit any available width.

Kustomuk

Sorry before i read this topic i started another one due to being told i did`nt explain what i needed properly, So if you all dont mind i will lock this topic as solved and if we can all move to the correctly named topic i`ve created i would very much appreciate it.

Thankyou to everyone who`s posting for meing so supportive to help me try find a solution to my problem i have atm.

Advertisement: