News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

file attachments

Started by Kustomuk, May 25, 2020, 03:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kustomuk

File attachments that are uploaded to the site are way too big, is there anyway of making the file size they want to upload unlimited, but the board viewing drops it to a more comfortable viewing for the eyes.

Thankyou

Sir Osis of Liver

This mod will resize attached images and save the resized file (saves disk space) -

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206

You can set max attachment size in attachment settings.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kustomuk

Which one is compatable with the one i`m running smf 2.0.17, In that mod section they have two verions.

Thankyou

Deaks

ResizeAttachedImages_2-final.zip

Would be the correct one :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kustomuk

Quote from: Deaks on May 25, 2020, 02:29:52 PM
ResizeAttachedImages_2-final.zip

Would be the correct one :)

Could we give it a run on your test site again Deaks if you dont mind.

Sir Osis of Liver

It's a good mod, been running it on one of my production forums.  It adds some additional options to Attachment Settings.  Should install clean in 2.0.17.

- R. Waters

Deaks

does that mod work for you replay?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kustomuk

Tbh i`ve not installed it yet Deaks, I`ve been getting google to start crawling the site tonight, but i`m thinking of installing it, just when i had a look on your test site, when i clicked on the actual picture, it didnt expand, But when you clicked on the link below it, it did expand but into an external window.

Does that sound about right to you Deaks.

Ps on a personal note thankyou for all the additional help you give me letting me use your test site.

Big thumbs up to you Deaks.

Deaks

in all honesty it does same for me I have never used the mod Sir Osis may be able to explain if that is normal or not
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Sir Osis of Liver

You should see thumbnail of the image below post, clicking on thumbnail displays resized image, clicking image restores thumbnail.  Should replace thumbnail, not open in new window.  You must have 'Display image attachments as pictures under post' checked in attachments settings or there will be no thumbnail, just link, and you'll get browser file open window.  The mod resizes the image file, doesn't change the way it's displayed.

- R. Waters

Kustomuk

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 26, 2020, 05:28:28 PM
You should see thumbnail of the image below post, clicking on thumbnail displays resized image, clicking image restores thumbnail.  Should replace thumbnail, not open in new window.  You must have 'Display image attachments as pictures under post' checked in attachments settings or there will be no thumbnail, just link, and you'll get browser file open window.  The mod resizes the image file, doesn't change the way it's displayed.

Do you have a link to your board if you have one so i can have a look at the mod running please.

Thankyou

Sir Osis of Liver

Hold on, I'll install it on test install ......

- R. Waters

Kustomuk

Just i have to sure its ok because i have a very active forum atm.

Kustomuk

Quote from: Replayuk on May 26, 2020, 05:45:54 PM
Just i have to sure its ok because i have a very active forum atm.

Could you personally recommend this mod, that it works ok without any issue`s.

Sir Osis of Liver

It's running here.  First post is not resized, second is same image resized to 650x650.  Been using it for a while on production forum, haven't had any problems.  Package manager makes a backup of /Themes and /Sources before installing a mod (it's in /Packages/backups/).  Always good practice to make a full file and database backup before making any changes to your forum.

- R. Waters

Kustomuk

Hmm that looks a good modification, can you make the viewable re-sized one a little bigger by any chance, Or is that size it displays by default.

Thankyou

Sir Osis of Liver

You can set any size you like in attachment settings.  I'm currently using 750x750 on my prod forum.

- R. Waters

Kustomuk

how do i find attachment settings

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Attachments and Avatars -> Attachment Settings.  The mod adds 5 new settings, beginning with 'Reformat non-JPEG images to JPEG'.

- R. Waters

Kustomuk

what settings do i need to change to get the effect your boards got, it seems just right to me.

Thankyou, I`m getting there. :)

Advertisement: