Thankyou to members who Donated funds icon on their profile

Started by Kustomuk, May 27, 2020, 02:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kustomuk

Is that possible to create a mod so if add`s paid member to there profile.

Thankyou

Deaks

you can use the subscription feature that is default on SMF, also create a group for them with a wee bit more access, like the Charter Members group on here :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kustomuk

Quote from: Deaks on May 27, 2020, 02:11:44 PM
you can use the subscription feature that is default on SMF, also create a group for them with a wee bit more access, like the Charter Members group on here :)

How do i access that Deaks, if possible would like to put paid member on their profile, is that even possible.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Sir Osis of Liver

You can create a badge that will be displayed in subscriber's post info (like Deaks' friend badge).   You do that by replacing stars in membergroup with a custom image.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Deaks

why? the paid subscription allows you to set a group for those that have donated :)  Would mean to manual edits and cut down on time :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Sir Osis of Liver

I think the question is to add something to reward members who donate.  Did this on a forum a year or two ago, subscribers don't get any additional access, it's strictly a donation to help support the forum, so in addition to the subscription membergroups (there are three subscription levels), we give them silver, gold, platinum donor badges.

- R. Waters

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I would probably be lazy and do that with membergroup badges anyways, I mean you can just create a group with a different badge and all inherited permissions. No manual work involved.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Deaks

If you use "Paid Subscriptions" you would need to still set a membergroup up, one of the options is

QuotePrimary Group upon Subscription:
Primary group to put the user into when they subscribe.

This is where you would set the new membergroup, so when they donate through the forum they would automatically get moved to that group.  If someone donated directly then you would still need to manually change the badge.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Sir Osis of Liver

Actually, no.  The badge is assigned in the membergroup, so any donor would get it whether he's moved to the group via paid subs or manually.  Same thing that's done here with team badges.

- R. Waters

Deaks

yes I know that Osis, this is why I linked BOTH articles from the online manual.  You would create the membergroup then in paid subscriptions set it in their to be for donations.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: