migration, attachments

Started by horisize, May 28, 2020, 11:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horisize

after migrating my forum to a new hosting server, the attachments in the posts do not work anymore. How can i fix this? i have tried writing the new path to the attachment folder under attachment settings, but i doesnt seem to do the trick...

Deaks

are you getting an error? how did you move host? did you move the attachments? have you ran repair_settings?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

horisize

horisize

i still get this: (when trying to upload an avatar, seem like my avatar has disappeared during migration, wonder what other mess-ups have happened...)

"The attachments directory is not writable"

EDIT: I corrected the path for the /avatar directory, but no avatar comes up when i try to change it. Still gone.

Deaks

using a ftp client what is the permissions set as on the avatar folder (is it 666, 777, 755 etc)

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
How do I chmod? / what is chmod?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: