News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

2.0.16 update broke login

Started by Kestryll, May 29, 2020, 03:45:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kestryll

I updated my 2.0.15 install to 2.0.16 and now I can not log in, it either tells me there is a problem with my cookies or that Session verification failed.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Deaks

also how did you update?  Was it through package manager or did you make changes manually?  Did you get any errors when updating?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kestryll

This was an update from 2.0.15 to 2.0.16.

I did the update through the Package manager.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Kestryll

I'm running the standard theme right now.

A couple odd things though, at the bottom of the forum (I can see it just not log in to it) it says it's running 2.0.15 but the update said it completed.
Also when I look as Guest at the Staff it shows me as having logged in just now but also as offline.

Deaks

do you have a link to your forum?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Deaks

it seems you are running a mixed version between 2.0.15 and 2.0.16 so something went wrong in the update.  The only thing I can suggest is manually going through the changes and seeing what ones need to be added.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/index.php?action=upgrade;file=smf_patch_2.0.16.tar.gz;smf_version=2.0.15

This is all the file changes.  If it helps you wont need to make changes to Who.php :D
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kestryll

Oh that looks like fun... ;)

Would it likely fix the issue to use the server file manager to 'reinstall' all the 2.0.15 files replacing any of the 2.0.16 one with the originals?
Kind of redoing the 2.0.15 update manually?

Deaks

yeh just download the Large Upgrade and overwrite them all, this will move you to smf 2.0.17 so the newest version :) and will save you needing to do a further update.  You will have to re-install the mods and any manual changes.  Also remember delete the upgrade.php you dont need it.  And PLEASE make a backup before you do anything :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Sir Osis of Liver

Package manager makes a backup before installing a mod, it's in /Packages/backups/.  Download, unzip, upload to forum root.  It will restore the install to state it was in before update.  Uploading a complete set of files will remove all mods and customizations.  If that's not a problem, clean files is best way to go.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Deaks

Osis that is not good idea as he needs to upgrade, if he did that he will be back where he started and likleyhood is that the error will occur if he tries it again.  Fresh 2.0.17 files will fix the issues and patch the issues found on 2.0.16, the mods he has installed will re-install no problem
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 29, 2020, 01:17:44 PM
Uploading a complete set of files will remove all mods and customizations.  If that's not a problem, clean files is best way to go.

- R. Waters

Deaks

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 29, 2020, 01:17:44 PM
clean files is best way to go.

my words exactly clean files is the way to go and thats what my suggestion is doing, its also moving the OP forward not backwards.  You are suggesting he moves backwards and tries again backwards to an outdated software that  has known bugs, so he will go backwards to go forward with more steps specially as  the issue is likley to continue.  My suggestion is to move forward and spend the few minutes it takes to re-install the few mods that are installed.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Kindred

well, if you are going to replace the files with clean ones --  then go straight to the 2.0.17 files and don't bother with patches.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Would be interesting to,know what causes this glitch.  It's been reported several times, but I've never seen it on any of the forums I've upgraded.

- R. Waters

Deaks

Kestryll, its been over 2 weeks did you get this sorted?  If so what helped?  If not what have you tried since?  I have marked this as solved for now.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: