News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Lost Admin features after server move

Started by Blade~, June 01, 2020, 06:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade~

Hi all,

We had to move to a new server from Windows to Linux, all went good except right now nothing under admin shows up. When I click on the admin button just get a blank screen, even if I select something from the drop down menu. I looked everything I could, it's probably just a case of a lower case or upper case reference since Linux is case sensitive. Any suggestions where I should look deeper? Thank you!

We're on 2.0.15 and using the Ambassador theme.
'Do nothing and there is nothing that's not done' - Lao Tzu

Running SMF 2.1.4
PHP version: 8.1.16

Deaks

I will be honest I know nothing about databases however it could be possible using an ftp client or file manager do you have an error_log file?  If so are their any errors related t your forum?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

shadav

have you run through the faq
https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Hosting_-_How_do_I_move_my_SMF_forum_to_a_different_host
especial #5
QuoteStep 5 - Run repair_settings.php on the new system to ensure that your paths, URLs, and database credentials are correct.
?

Illori

did you check your server error log to see if there is a related error logged?

Blade~

All right, I'm back here again, we did run repair_settings, didn't see any issues there, checked server log page, no errors at all.

Anyone has any ideas how to check why the Admin feature is not working? All else is working good, only Admin gives us a blank page.

Thank you!

Running SMF 2.1.4

Illori

Have you asked your host? Maybe the server error log is not enabled.

Blade~

Got it ... well, here is the last entry just after trying the admin feature again:

PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '/filmwor1/public_html/wp-blog-header.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/share/pear') in /filmwor1/public_html/index.php on line 17

Running SMF 2.1.4

Illori

does wp-blog-header.php exist?

did you put that code there?

shadav

isn't that wordpress and not smf....why would an error from wordpress not allow you log into your smf admin  :o

but as illori said, are you sure that that file actually exists?

If all else fails reupload the files just to make sure that everything actually did get uploaded and nothing got missed.....

shadav

also on a side note when you ran the repair tool, did you press for it to reset all themes to default? Are you able to log into admin then or still the same problem?

Blade~

Yeah ... I think I found it:

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare MobileThemeSelector() (previously declared in /home2/filmwor1/public_html/MovieForum/Sources/Admin.php:1001) in /home2/filmwor1/public_html/MovieForum/Sources/Admin.php on line 1065

Looks like it's the Mobile theme selector that's causing it ...

Running SMF 2.1.4

Arantor

It looks like it was installed twice by accident, rather than the mod inherently being at fault.

If you look in the code you'll almost certainly find the same section of code at line 1001 then duplicated 64 lines later.

Blade~

You're a genius! Damn, that's what it was, the function was duplicated. Thanks guys so much for the help, I could not figured this out by myself! :O

Running SMF 2.1.4

Advertisement: