error database

Started by wormpje, June 03, 2020, 10:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wormpje

Best

I have problems with 2-0-15 and 2-0-7 with 2-0-15 I can link with my database but my page is white and I can't get my theme through with 2-0-7 I cannot link .
can someone tell me which smf to take and what action to take to fix this problem?

mvg wim

Deaks

using your ftp client can you see if their is a error_log file for either of the forums, if you are getting a white page their should be an error on the server error_log
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

SpacePhoenix

Are you trying to run two different forum versions off of the exact same database?

wormpje

i have different versions on different database that i am trying to set up the host is up to date.
i have now put repear.php file on to restore and apparently the previous version is no longer readable on database i have now tried 2-0-17 the latest new one and it works perfectly.
what I find very strange about what could this be?

mvg wim

Kindred

trying to read your posts is like trying to figure out a puzzle.

if English is not your first language, then maybe post more details of your problem in the language specific section under your native language.

If english IS your native language, then you are going to have to take alot more care and attention when you write your posts and try to actually give us some information rather than have us pull it out of you a little bit at a time.

1- You have two backups of two different versions?
2- You are installing the different backups into different databases?
3- You are installing the correct version FILES for the backup in different file structures?
4- After you put the database in place and the files in place, you run repair_settings.php and point the connection to the correct database for the version, along with the correct connection information? You use reapir_settings.php to set the basic forum directories and URLs? (and then press SAVE)?
5- You then RERUN repair_settings.php to make sure that the second layer of directories are correct?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Kindred on June 03, 2020, 06:18:14 PM
trying to read your posts is like trying to figure out a puzzle.

if English is not your first language, then maybe post more details of your problem in the language specific section under your native language.

If english IS your native language, then you are going to have to take alot more care and attention when you write your posts and try to actually give us some information rather than have us pull it out of you a little bit at a time.

I could not agree more with this sir. I have seen this type of things quite often btw. Users asking for support in a very vague/unclear way. It takes like 4-5 posts back and forth to just understand the problem. It is a complete waste of time imo.

Advertisement: