News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

INSERT command denied to user 'abc -- for table 'smf_settings'

Started by gvijayaratnam, June 04, 2020, 05:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvijayaratnam

Hi,

The forum was working fine, but suddenly we got this error, not we can't access forum. The setting.php has the correct DB logins.  I am not sure where to look for, can someone help pls.

: INSERT command denied to user 'abc'@'184.168.152.98' for table 'smf_settings'
/home/content/05/4699905/html/forum/Sources/Subs.php

Deaks

for things like this first step is to run repair_settings.php this will allow you to fix alot of stuff.

What is repair_settings.php?

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

gvijayaratnam

Hi Thanks,

I copied the 'repair_settings.php' to where 'Settings.php' is. And executed 'hxxp:www.mydomain.com/repair_settings.php' [nonactive];. But nothing was shown in the browser. When I executed it came back to the index page.

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Deaks

Nope that sounds like you went to correct screen, when you say nothing was shown what do you mean?
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Deaks on June 04, 2020, 05:22:07 AM
for things like this first step is to run repair_settings.php this will allow you to fix alot of stuff.

What is repair_settings.php?

How can repair_setting.php file fix this? You can not recommend this for everything lol.

@gvijayaratnam, this is a permission issue. Make sure that the db user has full access/preveliges to the db. That should fix it.

gvijayaratnam

@doug_ips

I can login to the MySQL using the same password, and the settings.php also have the same login. But when I browse the 'smf_settings' I saw this..image attached..

Is there any fields missing ?

Kindred

holy moly --   your system is practically a decade out of date.

Update to SMF 2.0.17
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: gvijayaratnam on June 04, 2020, 06:04:51 AM
@doug_ips

I can login to the MySQL using the same password, and the settings.php also have the same login. But when I browse the 'smf_settings' I saw this..image attached..

Is there any fields missing ?

I see the version field is 1.1.4. I am not familiar with that version, but I do not think that any fields are missing. Because if that was the case, the error should have been missing column instead of INSERT command denied. You should go to the Databases section in your cpanel, and grant the db user full access/permissions to the db. That would fix the error.

And once that is done, my advice would be to upgrade your forum a.s.a.p.

Deaks

gvijayaratnam, did you get this fixed?  I will mark as solved as been over 2 weeks, if you still need help please let us know what else you have tried.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: