Customizing SMF > Building Your Community and other Forum Advice

Experience with Advertisers

(1/4) > >>

jbridges87:
Hey all, I have applied to both Adsense and Medianet, and was rejected by both.
Unfortunately, I can't get either to respond regarding the reasoning. I'm not sure if it's because of content, board style, page views, etc. It's hard to fix something when I don't even know what the problem is...

Have any of you had your SMF forum rejected, and were you able to figure out why so that you could correct the issue and reapply? Perhaps you were even accepted the second go around.

I'd like to hear of your experiences with advertising on your forum.

Was your forum accepted for advertisements? Which company are you with?
Do you run affiliate marketing instead of ad companies, perhaps you run both?

vbgamer45:
Lack of traffic, content if it is based on the link in the signature.

jbridges87:
Thanks for reading, but I'm actually looking for real world experience that others have had with advertising companies [Adsense, Medianet, etc]

I'm not interested in speculating on the issues. I'm hoping to get some actual data to go off.

Arantor:
The companies you mention aren’t going to give you that data, because it’s secret data.

But honestly if there were anyone here I would trust for this, it’d be vbgamer45 who runs a whole bunch of forums. If he says the issue is a lack of content, the issue is a lack of content.

55 posts... that’s just not going to fly in my experience either. It used to be the case that you needed at least a couple of thousand posts to have enough material to attract enough people to visit, I imagine it’s even higher now.

You probably need to be putting 20-30 posts per day in yourself/with friends to get a forum off the ground, it’s not like it used to be, the days of “build it and they will come” are long gone.

Deaks:
jbridge87,

To quote Google Adsense Help pages

--- Quote ---Valuable and original content is paramount to building a strong and loyal user base. When users enjoy your content, they share the experience with others, and this in turn helps you to grow your site.
--- End quote ---

So while you do not wish to listen to people that actually know what they are talking about aka vbgamer its written in black and white on the Google Adsense pages

ref: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7299563

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version