News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[Alpha] AMP For SMF 2.1

Started by Antes, June 06, 2020, 09:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antes

Before you ask

yes, this is a scuffed version of Printpage (you can see the comments in it)
no, I have no idea what I am doing...
no, there won't be a SMF 2.0 version of it -even paid-*
yes, It works...

v0.0.1 - this means something, expect nothing!

[ Demo ] # [ Result ]

* Its licensed under MIT go port it... if you want to chip in some $$ do by my patreon

Remember if something is broken, its not my fault it was working last I checked... if its working good...

Mod licensed under: MIT

Xpresskonami

You've did a good job. but please help us with the SMF 2.0 Version.

@rjen

Quoteno, there won't be a SMF 2.0 version of it -even paid-*

Can't you READ?
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Arantor

Quote from: @rjen on June 06, 2020, 12:24:29 PM

Can't you READ?

You're assuming he cares enough to read beyond "what free stuff have people built for my use?"

Xpresskonami

Can't you READ?

I can READ. He mentioned The word "NO"... Is there any mod created in 2.1 version without 2.0 version.

Antes

Quote from: Xpresskonami on June 06, 2020, 12:30:00 PM

Can't you READ?

I can READ. He mentioned The word "NO"... Is there any mod created in 2.1 version without 2.0 version.

Yes this one, attached above. This version not only using SMF 2.1 template system it also uses one new hook integrated in 2.1. For sake of future, please do not get attached to SMF 2.0 too much, its already too old, its template system is old (good for its time but horrid for 2020).

Enjoy the mod.

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Antes on June 06, 2020, 12:39:12 PM

Can't you READ?

Yes this one, attached above. This version not only using SMF 2.1 template system it also uses one new hook integrated in 2.1. For sake of future, please do not get attached to SMF 2.0 too much, its already too old, its template system is old (good for its time but horrid for 2020).

Enjoy the mod.

Getting discouraged right now. SMF 2.0 Old version while SMF 2.1 Coming up with new version mod. Am using smf 2.0 if i will migrate to smf 2.1 how will do that, i really want this mod "AMP"  Or is there any way in making smf 2.1 version mod works with smf 2.0 ????

Arantor

No, no there isn't, that's the point that has been made several times.

To make it for 2.0 would require quite a significant rewrite of the mod.

Antes

Quote from: Xpresskonami on June 06, 2020, 01:01:44 PM

Can't you READ?

Enjoy the mod.

Getting discouraged right now. SMF 2.0 Old version while SMF 2.1 Coming up with new version mod. Am using smf 2.0 if i will migrate to smf 2.1 how will do that, i really want this mod "AMP"  Or is there any way in making smf 2.1 version mod works with smf 2.0 ????

You are confused. This mod exclusively designed/developed for SMF 2.1. To make this work with SMF 2.0 you need to do some more work. Is it too much? Maybe maybe not but I'm not the one who is going to do it.

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Antes on June 06, 2020, 01:20:41 PM
Quote from: Xpresskonami on June 06, 2020, 01:01:44 PM

Can't you READ?

Enjoy the mod.

You are confused. This mod exclusively designed/developed for SMF 2.1. To make this work with SMF 2.0 you need to do some more work. Is it too much? Maybe maybe not but I'm not the one who is going to do it.

I just understand you now. I just hope someone could help us out with the 2.0 version.

From my research in the forum I saw this

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 22, 2020, 09:20:23 AM
You can grab from https://github.com/sicommnend/SMF-AMP

And @Vbgamer45 who shared this said the mod is not complete.

Xpresskonami

Quote from: Arantor on June 06, 2020, 01:13:41 PM
No, no there isn't, that's the point that has been made several times.

To make it for 2.0 would require quite a significant rewrite of the mod.

Yeah I can understand.

Wellwisher

One thing I learnt about smf is, you either upgrade or get left behind. I feel sorry for all the 1.0 users still running their forums xD

Looking forward to this. I have seen enough evidence that amp will help with seo rankings.

Arantor

QuoteI feel sorry for all the 1.0 users still running their forums xD

1.0 released in 2004, declared end of life and thus no more updates in 2012, supported for 8 years.

1.1 released in 2006, declared end of life 2018, supported for 12 years.

2.0 released in 2011, not yet declared end of life, so supported for 9 years plus.

Antes

Quote from: Wellwisher on June 06, 2020, 04:24:48 PM
Looking forward to this. I have seen enough evidence that amp will help with seo rankings.

You can use this right-now it will validate your pages in AMP format with proper header redirections. The only reason this is marked as Alpha because I have dummy forum and entire mod is based on PrintPage functions/files. So based on usage by other users, I'll reshape the mod into final direction (one which is not far far away).

Xpresskonami

I have seen enough evidence that amp will help with seo rankings.

Yes that's exactly why i have been searching for the mod, because smf has not been ranking well on google search and with the help of AMP The forum might be ranked.

spiros

Well done, Antes, thanks for the excellent contribution to the community and the passion for creativity :)

Bloc

Quote from: Xpresskonami on June 06, 2020, 09:03:56 PM

Yes that's exactly why i have been searching for the mod, because smf has not been ranking well on google search and with the help of AMP The forum might be ranked.

How exactly do SMF rank on Google these days then? I am asking because afaik its not the software but your content that is important for Google. If you are thinking of the non-responsive layout that google *might* punish, there are already many themes for SMF2.0 that are responsive. But even that is not a magical helper in getting higher up on google results, far from it.

Mick.

I thought SEO was dead on the water as of a few years ago. Goggle algorithms change constantly. I think is about content, not keywords. Hell, I don't even have keywords on my forum; that section in admin is blank lol

Nonetheless very cool Antes; I too looked at this before.

Arantor

Not to mention that user-generated content has been lower-ranked for some time, punishing all forums.

Antes

Quote from: Bloc on June 07, 2020, 06:52:23 AM
Quote from: Xpresskonami on June 06, 2020, 09:03:56 PM

How exactly do SMF rank on Google these days then? I am asking because afaik its not the software but your content that is important for Google. If you are thinking of the non-responsive layout that google *might* punish, there are already many themes for SMF2.0 that are responsive. But even that is not a magical helper in getting higher up on google results, far from it.

While there is some exaggeration from users & google side about AMP -its a horrid system compared to Responsive Design-. Its also true that Google tend to push AMP sites up in the list especially on mobile searches / Google App on Android.

I have this habit of reading Google Stories before bed, they mostly offer me CSS/HTML related stories and redirection done via AMP-catalog.

am I happy that we are doing this ******ty AMP design/mod? Ofc not! But sometimes we are too powerless to do anything to change things around. I think the proper solution is using proper microdata and I believe its more than enough to cover Search Engine's categorization.

Advertisement: