News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[preview] Rebus89 theme [SMF2.0]

Started by Bloc, June 06, 2020, 10:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloc

So I have been working on a new theme for SMF 2, basically using a simple(ish) style I've done before. Its not particular splashing in looks :) but I wanted a thing I can mold into other themes easily.  It will also tie in with a new mod of use to me, but we'll see how that goes..

Anyway, a couple of screenshots below.

Excuse the norwegian texts - its from a older test/local site which I use as development environment, especially since it has near a million posts and thereby a good testing for themes.(its defunct site so only exists on my harddisk).

Mick.

Man! I love it. That's my thing,....simplicity and easy on the eyes.

Doug Heffernan

I like it a lot. It looks very sharp and classy.

Antes

-Rock Lee-

Oh it seems very clean and simple but a doubt what font size do you use?  ::) the years + the small = destroying my eyes ::)

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Bloc

Quote from: Rock Lee on June 06, 2020, 07:52:26 PM
Oh it seems very clean and simple but a doubt what font size do you use?  ::) the years + the small = destroying my eyes ::)

Regards!

Click on the images, thats the real size then.

-Rock Lee-

well why i thought it was to scale so i doubt if it was real size or not :P ... I hope I can see it finished.
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Genma

This looks really good. Even tho it doesn't look like "SMF" (I mean, with the structure of Curve), it looks clean and simple to use.

Antechinus

Looks good. I'm not a fan of off-centre board indexes, but the overall treatment works. Message index is particularly nice. Some good ideas there. I might even steal some if I get around to doing more theming.

Anyway, aren't you the bloke who said he wasn't going to code for SMF anymore? I vaguely remember something about that. :D

QuoteExcuse the norwegian texts

Just tell people it's lørém ipsüm. ;)

Deaks

I love it Bloc :)

Looking forward to seeing it on a live environment  hint hint :D
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Bloc

Quote from: Antechinus on June 07, 2020, 08:43:05 PM
Looks good. I'm not a fan of off-centre board indexes, but the overall treatment works. Message index is particularly nice. Some good ideas there. I might even steal some if I get around to doing more theming.

Anyway, aren't you the bloke who said he wasn't going to code for SMF anymore? I vaguely remember something about that. :D

QuoteExcuse the norwegian texts

Just tell people it's lørém ipsüm. ;)
I might have said that. :D Cant keep away apparantly lol.

The messageindex is actually the responsive version, that is, under 800px or such, its more akin to boardindex on larger resolutions. Lørem yes, good one :)

Quote from: Deaks on June 07, 2020, 09:00:09 PM
I love it Bloc :)

Looking forward to seeing it on a live environment  hint hint :D

Thanks, Bryan. :) A test site will be up shortly, just need to fix that one more thing..(..)

Bloc

Well, this is coming along nicely so few more screenshots for anyone interested.

Yep, I know about the "repair_settings" notice, just didn't bother to fix it since I was testing the error message look :D

A few more templates to go, and possibly a few color variations before a release.

Mick.

Herman's Mixen

Looking great !! LOve those Light styled colours !!

Kudos Bloc :D
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Mick.

Bloc

Well, almost but not all. Some of the default ones are just to hard to wriggle into what I need, so changes are needed. Though not altering them beyond recognition lol, just enough for my purpose.

Index, boardindex. messageindex and display do get a makeover though, all using common subtemplates located in Common.template.php, a new one. I try to streamline boards(messageindex's child boards along with boardindex) and any topic index(messageindex, pm index and replies/unread template, prob. also profile template but haven't got around to that yet). then theres Display which use a post subtemplate, this is also used in the pm template...and so on. Using common templates like this simplifies the code and also the CSS overall.

shadav

Antechinus

I like it. Nice and clean. Sits well together. Stats bar treatment is interesting. Not sure it'll be a favourite, but worth trying for something different.

I like the Common.template.php idea too. I can see that being useful. Although arguably you can do much the same thing just by applying the same markup to the standard templates, but calling in a common sub-template has to be simpler overall.

By the way, I like this much better than your "WIP Curve override" for browser add-ons. This one is all of a piece. It all fits in terms of typography, layout, colours, etc. It all scans well. Your "WIP Curve override" gave me the impression it hadn't quite decided what to be yet, and was still sort of half old Curve and half something new. If you did an override somewhat like this it would definitely work.

Bloc

Quote from: Antechinus on July 11, 2020, 08:05:11 PM
I like it. Nice and clean. Sits well together. Stats bar treatment is interesting. Not sure it'll be a favourite, but worth trying for something different.

I like the Common.template.php idea too. I can see that being useful. Although arguably you can do much the same thing just by applying the same markup to the standard templates, but calling in a common sub-template has to be simpler overall.

By the way, I like this much better than your "WIP Curve override" for browser add-ons. This one is all of a piece. It all fits in terms of typography, layout, colours, etc. It all scans well. Your "WIP Curve override" gave me the impression it hadn't quite decided what to be yet, and was still sort of half old Curve and half something new. If you did an override somewhat like this it would definitely work.
I could possibly wrangle the site default or even curve default theme to looking like this..but its just too much hassle. Some things might not even be possible to do.

That is the good thing about also changing templates: you get to have a coherent markup and presumably something that fits better with your intentional design. Yes, I wish Curve was a beacon of CSS Zengarden proportions, that way we could just write amazing CSS and never touch the markup... but its not.

Neekiinh0

Adaptamos themes de otras plataformas a SMF!
Contactame por MP o Skype: neekiinh0 para saber mas.

Advertisement: