News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Mention/tag mod

Started by 6Dasher, June 06, 2020, 01:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6Dasher

Is there a mod that will allow mentions such as "@Mike @Peter check this out"?
SMF user since 2005.

Arantor

It's also a core feature in 2.1.

6Dasher

@Mik:  Thanks for the link: I found those two ;)  One has never been updated past 2014 and the Breeze one I just tried but those tags only work on the "wall page" created under your profile, not in the forum boards. I can test the old one just to be sure.

@Arantor: I am running 2.0.17, so I will need to wait a bit until they do a release :)

SMF user since 2005.

Arantor

The 2014 one by Dragooon is what was incorporated into 2.1, I don't believe core had significant changes to it after that.

Mick.

Try emulating the mod prior to upload. I use it in my own forum.

Load the mod. Then look in your mod list for "advanced" link at the bottom and emulate to whatever the smf version is and Install.

6Dasher

The old one "works" but will only send emails to notify you, no way to see online if you have any mentions without going to the dedicated page for it.
SMF user since 2005.

Mick.

Quote from: 6Dasher on June 06, 2020, 02:01:21 PM
The old one "works" but will only send emails to notify you, no way to see online if you have any mentions without going to the dedicated page for it.
Ah ok. Well, that's whats available at the moment. Plus like Arantor mentioned, 2.1 has it.

Arantor

To be fair, this is why the alerts system was built in 2.1...

GL700Wing

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

6Dasher

When is 2.1 releasing?  ;)

@GL I will have a look
SMF user since 2005.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: 6Dasher on June 07, 2020, 11:11:03 AM
When is 2.1 releasing?  ;)

@GL I will have a look

It will be released when it is ready :D

Looking at the Github, RC3 is very close to being released. The final version should not take long after that imo.

6Dasher

SMF user since 2005.

live627

In the meantime, @mention members is your best option.

Mick.

Quote from: live627 on June 09, 2020, 04:27:07 PM
In the meantime, @mention members is your best option.
yup. I'm still using it these days

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Advertisement: