News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Profile Posts

Started by 0ver12, June 07, 2020, 03:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0ver12

Hi.

I'm looking for a MOD for profile posts. Basically, the user can post a message in her own profile and other users can reply it.

I tried Breeze MOD, and it's very close to what I'm looking for, but it's not yet.

I need something similar to status updates for Invision.

I'm using SMF 2.0.17

0ver12

Wow, thank you!

I think the Profile Statuses is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll try it here and come back latter to say if it solves my request!

0ver12

Unfortunately this MOD (Profile Statuses) isn't compatible with my SMF version  :(

After the installation, when I go to some user profile, in the place of the status I get the following error:

Call to undefined function template_control_richedit()

I tried the manual installation too, but without success. Someone has any solution to fix it?

KittyGalore

Quote from: 0ver12 on June 07, 2020, 04:35:57 PM
Unfortunately this MOD (Profile Statuses) isn't compatible with my SMF version  :(

After the installation, when I go to some user profile, in the place of the status I get the following error:

Call to undefined function template_control_richedit()

I tried the manual installation too, but without success. Someone has any solution to fix it?
This mod runs fine on my test forum with one or two mods installed using smf 2.0.17 so something on your forum is causing the error.
SMF Curve 2.0x

0ver12

Hi KittyGalore, You tried to see if the MOD works on the members profile?

I just solved the error from before uninstalling another MOD, but now, also with a clean installation, I'm get a DB error when I visit some user profile.

Table 'xxxxx_smf_members' doesn't exist
File: xxxxxx\smf\Sources\Profile-View.php
Line: 280

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: 0ver12 on June 07, 2020, 05:03:03 PM
Hi KittyGalore, You tried to see if the MOD works on the members profile?

I just solved the error from before uninstalling another MOD, but now, also with a clean installation, I'm get a DB error when I visit some user profile.

Table 'xxxxx_smf_members' doesn't exist
File: xxxxxx\smf\Sources\Profile-View.php
Line: 280

That error indicates that your smf_members does not exist. Can you check your db and verify if that is indeed the case?

0ver12

Thanks everyone for the help, I managed to make the MOD runs fine.

I'm using another prefix to my tables, all I had to do was make a few small changes in the modification_2.xml, on the db prefix section and now it runs 100%

Thanks again, see ya!

shadav

glad ya got it working :)

Advertisement: