No “Mark unread” button inside topics

Started by ciacnorris, June 09, 2020, 05:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciacnorris

Hello, I have no Mark Unread button inside topics on my forum.
How do I enable it?
I am using NightBreeze as a theme and Italian-UTF8 as a language.

Arantor

Is it there if you switch to English?

Is it there if you temporarily use the Curve theme?

ciacnorris

Arantor

Then you might need to ask the theme author why it was removed since it is theme controlled.

Deaks

its not removed in the theme I have checked already
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

m4z

Are you using the current version of the theme?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

ciacnorris

shadav

i have an extremely modified forum with that theme in place and the button is there....so my guess is you accidently removed it
check your Display.template.php with a default Display.template.php from the theme with a program like winmerge.....
either a mod that you installed or while editing the file yourself, you somehow messed it up

ciacnorris

Quote from: shadav on June 10, 2020, 11:07:21 AM
check your Display.template.php with a default Display.template.php from the theme with a program like winmerge.....

They are identical... Any other file I should check?

Deaks

What mods are you using?  Also are all your files up to dare, you can find this in routine maintenance
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

ciacnorris

Quote from: Deaks on June 15, 2020, 12:49:15 AM
What mods are you using?

No mods installed. I tried Disable 'News Fader' for Guests and Post Karma but they are both uninstalled now.

Quote from: Deaks on June 15, 2020, 12:49:15 AM
Also are all your files up to dare, you can find this in routine maintenance

Yes, except for a question mark (see screenshot).

I vaguely remember i could have modified some file to remove the "mark as read" button, maybe it is the same. Can you please tell me the exact file I should look into and what the line creating that button should look like?

ciacnorris

I found it: there is a theme option called "Enable and show 'Mark as read' buttons".
I had disabled it because I wanted to hide "Mark as read", but that also disables "Mark as unread".

Advertisement: