can we got an email for each subject created by members

Started by figuedi, June 09, 2020, 05:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

figuedi

Hello,

If I am Admin or moderator, can I receive an alert for each message posted by members ?

If I can, how can I configure it ?

Thanks in advance,

Arantor

You can request it for yourself by selecting the 'notify' option for each board.

But it's not recommended; can very easily lead to all mails being blocked from your forum as spam.

Mick.

I subscribed to a topic once...ugh what a mess. Incoming email alerts prompted me to undo.

shadav

that would be a nightmare if you get some chatty members

you're better off getting emails of new registrations, those are going to typically be the ones that you want to keep an eye on for a bit to make sure they aren't spammers (but then there's quite a few things you can add to help slow them down and discourage them as well)

figuedi

Thanks for your fast answer.

It was just to be sure to don't miss some question. But not so quite important your right.

Thanks,

shadav

if it's for, let's say a feedback or support board, you could use the auto respond mod to create an auto reply to new topics made in those specific boards....explaining to please allow x amount of time for the staff to reply and if by that point no one's replied to then contact (staff member)
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2963

Advertisement: