News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Re: upgrade 2.0.15 --> 2.0.16 fail

Started by rokket2001, June 11, 2020, 11:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rokket2001

I have no idea what I'm doing. I extracted the update file to look for the Modify Profiles file, but there are hardly any files in the update. I can duplicate a comment, but I don't know to do it...

Kindred

Click on the manual link t the top right... go to the patch instructions. Follow them

There is no need to extract anything.

Also, please don%u2019t post in someone else%u2019s support topic...  especially one that has already been marked as solved.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

rokket2001

Oh, sorry I posted there. I have the same problem as that topic but can't implement the solution, so it seemed appropriate instead of starting new and duplicating.

According to that solution, I'm supposed to manually duplicate a line, and have no idea where to find the file or make the change. The solution is:

Quote from: shawnb61 on December 28, 2019, 02:06:00 PM

~Line 2688, your file has:
$sizes = @getimagesize($_FILES['attachment']['tmp_name']);

// No size, then it's probably not a valid pic.
if ($sizes === false)

Vanilla 2.0.15 has an odd quirk where a comment is repeated:
$sizes = @getimagesize($_FILES['attachment']['tmp_name']);

if ($sizes === false)

You want to match the 2.0.15 code for the search/replace to work.  I would make your version match 2.0.15 by repeating the comment & try again.

Looks like that duplicate comment bugged someone so they deleted it...  The 2.0.16 patch gets rid of it...

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

/Sources/Profile-Modify.php

Look for this -

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: